Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Turn-Around Time  (Read 822 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
Turn-Around Time
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »
I've been scheduling my planes with long turnarounds (usually at least twice the min).  This has helped keep delays due to "too short turn-arounds" to a minimum, but I still get some cancellations due to turn-around time.  I have been also making sure that I do not schedule fights back-to-back.  For example, for a flight that says "Can depart again at 15:40" I won't schedule the next flight for at least an hour later for turn-around time between flights.  So, my next flight would leave at, say, 17:00. 

Does the simulation take into account turn-around between 2 different scheduled flights?  Or, can I simply schedule my next flight at the "can depart again at" time and take no hit on turn-around delays?

Thanks!

Offline justinmmm690

• Members
Re: Turn-Around Time
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:49:09 AM »
You know I do the same thing and I would also like an answer to this.  ;D

dazz81

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:48:09 AM »
i can answer that for you. yes it does take the turnaround time back at the home base between two different flights into account.

as for still having delays, even with long turnarounds there is a slight delay something may go wrong and produce a delay

AirOstfold

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:35:43 AM »
How is it possible that my first flight one day is cancelled due to short turn around time? Notised that on a lot of flights during this game.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
I remember reading a response from Sami somewhere that if you have several small delays for "too short turn-arounds" it eventually stacks up so that you have a cancellation . . .  or something like that.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:07:14 AM »

as for still having delays, even with long turnarounds there is a slight delay something may go wrong and produce a delay

I understand that, but I'm talking about delays specifically due to "too short turn-arounds."  I understand that delays may be caused for several other reasons.  I'm trying to figure out why I would have a delay for turn-around time if my time in-between flights is 2 to 3 times the minimum.  Just curious.  Although, I guess in real life "anything can go wrong."  But, in that case, the delay should be because of staff or technical.  Interesting . . .

Sami?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »
If you are getting the note on Flight C, it may be from Flight A hours earlier that backed everything up?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.