Best 787 Livery So Far?

Started by alexgv1, August 17, 2012, 04:45:20 PM

alexgv1

Yes in my opinion. My vote is definitely going to China Southern.

I think it's the best thing painted on a plane that I've seen in ages. Would kind of like an AWS livery like this.

Anybody have their own preferences?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ArcherII

It's good, could be the best so far. Certainly better than the random ANA's.

Gotta wait for the upcoming airlines as I'm quite fed up with the different tones of blue, though.

alexgv1

Quote from: ArcherII on August 17, 2012, 04:54:00 PM
Gotta wait for the upcoming airlines as I'm quite fed up with the different tones of blue, though.

True does seem to be a running theme with the 787. Fortunately it's my favourite colour though :)

swiftus27

Im feeling nostalgic with these Dreamliners.  Why can't they really make some old liveries come back with modern flair?   

alexgv1

I think the United ones look great. I love the Coninental retro jet I wonder what that livery would look like on a 787, however unlikely it's appearance is. Or a Shamu livery  ;D

Infinity

Don't know why theres so much hate for the ANA livery. I think it's a timeless classic. Of the currently-in-assembly liveries I'd go for LAN as the most beautiful.

ArcherII

Quote from: saftfrucht on August 17, 2012, 10:06:54 PM
Don't know why theres so much hate for the ANA livery. I think it's a timeless classic. Of the currently-in-assembly liveries I'd go for LAN as the most beautiful.

ANA's to me looks like a toothpaste wrapping, don't like it one bit. But that's just me...One man's meat is another man's poison.  :)

lunchbox

Quote from: alexgv1 on August 17, 2012, 08:28:43 PM
I think the United ones look great. I love the Coninental retro jet I wonder what that livery would look like on a 787, however unlikely it's appearance is. Or a Shamu livery  ;D

I would have to agree on the United, also I saw one for Vietnam Airlines, very nice coloring to it.

Jackson.S

China Southern hands down, everything else has been rather boring or Euro white, though Vietnam or Gulf Air
Will have the best livery when their delivered....
Would love to see the 787 in either retro BA Landor or The Delta widget livery, Both would look spectacular

cmdrnmartin

No Cheat Lines.

Not worth any praise.

Frogiton

OK, don't stone me, but I think the Uzbekistan Airways 787 concept art looks pretty sexy.

alexgv1

Have you got a link you can share mate?

stevecree

Uzbek only have 2 x 788's on order, and for the life of me I cannot find the delivery dates....aint anytime soon though I do not think.

So you'll have to use your imagination, and imagine the below colours on a 787.....not a patch on the China Southern one though !!

NightKnight

Qatar's dreamliner is not too shabby.

Infinity

Quote from: E.G on August 24, 2012, 02:22:09 PM
Qatar's dreamliner is not too shabby.

And it's so happening now is it  ;D

slither360

I'm partial to AI's livery :)

"Your Palace in the Sky" indeed.

ARASKA

The JAL White livery, Qatar and Ethiopian all look nice to me. 

Aerlingus1916