Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 4 planes, all 65%+ full and still going further in debt  (Read 844 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
4 planes, all 65%+ full and still going further in debt
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »
I am a newb.  I will get that out in the open.

I elected to go after a 4-5 smaller planes instead of just one large one.   3x fokker 50s and a 727

It seems as if even though my routes are profitable, my company is not.

What am I doing wrong?  I figured profitable lines meant profit for me as a company.

Is there any advice that you can provide?

I am a million in the hole now and don't know if I should just give up and start over.

Jps

• Former member
Re: 4 planes, all 65%+ full and still going further in debt
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
If the aircraft makes less than ~10k a day, it'll probably operate on loss. Not all the expences a company has are listed in the aircraft profitability. For instance, many salaries, marketing etc are all deducted further from the profit.
Also, cancellations eat up your profit and the older the plane and lower the condition, the more its maintenance will cost.
To get your company profitable (these are just commong guidelines, may not work as I don't know your company better), make all your aircraft fly from 5 am to 00 pm non stop, with just the turn arounds in there (and maker them longer than minimum not to get delays; some 4-10% cancellation delay is good). Try to fly to as few airports as possible to get the highest loadfactor (better to fly to a city 3 times than to 3 different cities once, if the demand equals the same). Also make sure you don't have too low ticket prices (from default, lower them ~10%).

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
thos fokkers you need to cram in as many routes as possible per day, at least 4 so make them less than 200nm if you can, the 727 make sure it can do at least 3 flights, less than 600nm is recomended.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »
5am to what time?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »
thos fokkers you need to cram in as many routes as possible per day, at least 4 so make them less than 200nm if you can, the 727 make sure it can do at least 3 flights, less than 600nm is recomended.

I have flights from Cleveland to... Detroit (no one flew on it)  Buffalo (fair passenger load)  Pittsburgh (good load) and Cincinnati (fair load)

I should expect this game to go much more slowly that I originally started off.

blumage

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »
5am to what time?
he meant 5am to midnight

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:19:39 PM »
Actually, as the 727 is a rather large aircraft with a long turn around time (>1 hour), you could also put it on a route that departs at 11pm and arrives at 5 am, and then the flight back departs at ~6am and arrives to your hub at around 12pm. Then, make a shorter route so that there's no empty gap (longer than 2 hours). This way, you can use the night time as well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.