New Airports

Started by cmdrnmartin, August 11, 2012, 05:25:09 PM

cmdrnmartin

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to suggest new airports to the database?  I tried searching for this topic but I found no results, (but my search skills suck).

Thank you in advance for your responses,

exchlbg

"Feature requests".
But be aware you will have to prove airport data by hard facts.

cmdrnmartin

Thanks for the answer!

Shouldn't be too hard to prove facts, since I work in Ops.  I'll see what is required, and hopefully help to make this game even better!

exchlbg

Just a slight wondering, you registered today and already find it necessary to make game better?

cmdrnmartin

Well, I said even better...  As a member of the industry I greatly enjoy sims like this, and I really want to help make contributions based on my knowledge and experience, as well as my access.  My relative 'newness' to this game I would hope would not detract from my ability to offer help in the form of information resources.  Basically I just want to help.

exchlbg

Ok, feel welcome. But be aware this game is not reflecting 100% industry reality, because for many reasons this is impossible.
Founder and main moderator is active part of industry, too.

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: exchlbg on August 11, 2012, 05:45:33 PM
Just a slight wondering, you registered today and already find it necessary to make game better?

This may be hard to believe, but sometimes new players have something to contribute also. Sometimes even a fresh perspective itself can be informative.

exchlbg

Possibly. But joining a new family, the first thing you´d do after being introduced on day one, would be analyzing that the living room needs a new painting? By the way, where are those new airports we´re so desperately missing?

cmdrnmartin

I've talked to Sami and he sent me the list of the information required to add airports, so I've been going through statcan, my Canada Flight Supplement, and ACI to provide as accurate information as possible.  I've sent off a list of five airports so far to ensure that I've done it correctly, and am working through a list of around 90+ airports at the moment to put it into the format that makes it easy for the developers to integrate the airports into the game.

@Esquire Flyer: Thanks for the support, Sami has been great too!

alexgv1

Wow that's awesome commander Martin. Great that someone can volunteer to put in so much effort to improve the game having only just started. I wonder are these all Canadian airports and are they regional ones I guess? Cheers look forward to the results.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

cmdrnmartin

Well, I have real world experience with one of the larger carriers in the Arctic, (a very interesting aviation world up there) and another more southern airline.  Surprisingly, a two international airports are missing currently, as are some 'larger' domestic ones.  The majors are all there already, but there is more to Canadian aviation ( a lot more) then just CYVR CYYJ CYEG CYYC CYWG CYYZ CYOW CYQB CYUL CYYT CYHZ...  Of course, you rarely hear about it because the big two don't serve/advertise the smaller routes.

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback alexgv1!

The Great Santini

I would suggest that if the livingroom's paint is pealing and the walls show signs of distress that a new coat of paint might just be what the family may need.  Welcome to our game, Commander!  Glad to have you in our family. :)

Andre

Quote from: cmdrnmartin on August 13, 2012, 01:59:54 PM
Well, I have real world experience with one of the larger carriers in the Arctic, (a very interesting aviation world up there) and another more southern airline.  Surprisingly, a two international airports are missing currently, as are some 'larger' domestic ones.  The majors are all there already, but there is more to Canadian aviation ( a lot more) then just CYVR CYYJ CYEG CYYC CYWG CYYZ CYOW CYQB CYUL CYYT CYHZ...  Of course, you rarely hear about it because the big two don't serve/advertise the smaller routes.

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback alexgv1!

I've been watching Ice Pilots..  ;D I'm looking forward to a new early world where I can gather up some C-46s and open a base in Yellowknife with routes to all the small regional airports.. hehe

cmdrnmartin

Oh god... Buffalo Air... I have no idea how those guys haven't had their ops certificate pulled by transport yet.  Makes for good television though.

DarkVenegance

You just have a misconception what "reality television" means. A reality series shows everything except reality ;D

brique

Quote from: DarkVenegance on August 15, 2012, 12:47:01 PM
You just have a misconception what "reality television" means. A reality series shows everything except reality ;D

You mean 'Games of Thrones' isn't real?  :(

BrendanRoets

Newbie some questions the Africa Airport selection to be more specific in South Africa there are some big airports missing "Mafikeng FAMM" "Kruger International Airport FAKN" "Richards Bay FARB" In Botswana all the bush strips linking Maun FBMN to the Okavango Delta lots of money there :)

Kadachiman

Some Airports in Aussie are missing as well, but I assume it is because most of these do not have RPT but instead rely on Charters for pax numbers.
And since this game seems to only use commercial pax numbers many airports are vastly underrepresented e.g. Karratha in WA has planes every 30minutes but most are to supply the mining company interests with charted connections to Perth.

Are the missing airports in Canada RPT or Charter based airports?