Game 3 Starting?

Started by krzcooter, January 20, 2009, 02:45:54 AM

krzcooter

I found and have been playing the demo of AirwaySim for a couple days now and I enjoy it. I am looking forward to paying to play a full game but would like to get in on the ground floor. Game 2 is almost a year in and game 1 is almost 1 1/2 years in. Any chance of starting game 3 anytime soon. Is there a release schedule of when new games are starting, or are they just started whenever you feel the need is great enough to start a new game. Thanks for the reply in advanced. Love the sim demo. It seems very realistic based on my experience.

Sami

There are no plans for game #3 yet as for two main reasons:

* as we've just released the game, we don't have yet full info on what the impact of running two or more big games has on the server. We could easily add more games but we don't want to provide poor or slow service so it's not very desirable to overload the server right from the start (especially when the big games have just started and they will grow bigger when time goes on).

* there is some ongoing development at the moment which will include some bigger changes to the game core engine (when it is added to the system there cannot be any active games running at that time) .. However no info yet when it will be complete or implemented .. or even if it will be completed within the next two months before the full games end - if not then the next game worlds are started normally with current features.

Sami

With an update to this ... as the games #1 and #2 are still in early phases and both full it may be needed to start the game #3. But still as we wish to make sure that everything works out fine, the #3 will start earliest in a week or two. Infos will be posted then ...

jmi

And yes, we will monitor server load, system load and other factors quite closely in next few months to see how these ongoing games will generate load on our systems.

Currently situation looks really nice, but games are just started and as games are getting older we will get much more load.

- J