Scheduling routes early starts clock on RI

Started by AUpilot77, July 28, 2012, 02:43:58 AM

AUpilot77

Just a quick possibility here... As far as I'm aware, there are only negative effects of scheduling your routes onto airplanes that have yet to be delivered (~2 weeks or less).  You need to pay for the extra staff members for example, even though the route is not flying.  Maybe a trade-off to the negatives would be that the RI starts climbing as if you're already flying the route as soon as you schedule it to an airplane that has yet to be delivered.  This would simulate the route being "in the system" and your passengers would be aware of the route and be able to book a ticket in advance of the route actually being flown.  Make sense?

LemonButt

+1

RI is about awareness versus how well you fly the route.  If you have 2 extra weeks of marketing you should see an RI benefit also.  I believe you can also do route marketing campaigns for those routes with no aircraft delivered yet.

Sanabas

Quote from: LemonButt on July 28, 2012, 03:02:35 AM
RI is about awareness versus how well you fly the route.  If you have 2 extra weeks of marketing you should see an RI benefit also.  I believe you can also do route marketing campaigns for those routes with no aircraft delivered yet.

You can, but it will go up to 1 the first week, then drop back to 0 because of the penalty for not flying it.