Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Domestic F Demand Missing  (Read 1423 times)

Online schro

• Members
[ok] Domestic F Demand Missing
« on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »
Just as in the beta, where this issue was closed out with the reason that F demand was showing as zero on domestic and shorter haul flights due to the lower player count in the game, I'm seeing F demand missing in the same scenarios in MT7. I would imagine that short haul international F demand has been nerfed in a similar fashion.

In other game worlds, it was common to have some (but not much) F demand on the more popular routes (i.e. JFK-LAX, LAX-ATL, etc)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:47:19 PM by sami »

Sanabas

• Former member
Re: Domestic F Demand Missing
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »
Currently in DOTM for JFK-LAX: 1561/275/14 to 2064/364/19, depending on the day of the week.

MT, JFK-LAX: 2681/450/0 to 3545/595/0

FCO-LHR is similar. ~10 F demand per day in DOTM, 0 in MT.

FCO-JFK looks unaffected, ratios are near identical in both games.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
Currently in DOTM for JFK-LAX: 1561/275/14 to 2064/364/19, depending on the day of the week.

MT, JFK-LAX: 2681/450/0 to 3545/595/0

FCO-LHR is similar. ~10 F demand per day in DOTM, 0 in MT.

FCO-JFK looks unaffected, ratios are near identical in both games.

Yes, there was definitely F demand on JFK-LAX route in MT6, and it is not there now.

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:48:13 PM »
Same with domestic F from EWR, none. It exists in the real world and other game worlds. Also, there is no F demand EWR-TJSJ but around 15-16 F demand on TJSJ-EWR.
~Sonata Airlines- Song of the Skies~

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
Same with domestic F from EWR, none. It exists in the real world and other game worlds. Also, there is no F demand EWR-TJSJ but around 15-16 F demand on TJSJ-EWR.

In other game worlds, yes, but I don't think three-cabin F is supplied by any airlines on EWR in the real world, is it?

Domestic three-cabin F does exist in the real world from JFK to SFO and LAX, however, and is missing from this game world.. even though it exists in past game worlds.  :-\

libertyairlines

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »
There is also no F demand in Japan. On one of my routes I would have configured a plane to have F class but when I checked one of the routes that had 50 F demand in the beginners world, there was none.

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »
There is just no more F demand domestically or on SH routes. This seems to be part of the new version 1.3, only running on MT7.

Take it that way, and accept it ;)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 07:41:02 AM »
Most "First" products offered on short haul (with the exception of 3 class wide bodies) are basically business anyway in the real world right? It kind of makes sense. Perhaps convert the F class demand to C class demand and increase that a bit as a compromise?  ;D
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »
Most "First" products offered on short haul (with the exception of 3 class wide bodies) are basically business anyway in the real world right? It kind of makes sense. Perhaps convert the F class demand to C class demand and increase that a bit as a compromise?  ;D

I think that's fine for short haul, but some F should exist on long haul routes that have lots of Y and C passengers, even if the route is wholly within the borders of one country.

For example, SFO/LAX to JFK, which is regularly served by AA with 3-class 767s and by UA with 3-class 757s. UA's decision to put 3 cabins into a narrowbody on this route (with a big loss of Y capacity) proves that the F demand exists.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
Sorry perhaps I should have been more clearer on the routes I was talking about. Forget I said shorthaul, but those that would be >=2000 (i.e. domestic longhaul/international shorthaul). What I was saying was that the C/F product is a "blur" on these,
(with the exception of 3 class wide bodies)
Such as those in international longhaul configurations like 767/777 and I'd also throw the 757 into that mix.

What I was saying was that you only get true First class on long haul widebodies... but thinking of it, lots of these planes fly in Asia too with passenger paying First for a short route. I don't have a problem with there being F demand, for example, on US transcons. Maybe what I'm saying is that you rarely get F class product so if the only choice is business class, are these C or F pax in AWS terms?

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »
I am also finding routes that have C demand in just one direction. FCO-TRS, FCO-AHO both have ~400 Y, 10 C demand. I'm selling 100% of my available C seats on both routes for the last month. TRS-FCO and AHO-FCO have the same Y demand, but no C, I haven't sold a single C seat on either route in the last month.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »
FCO used to have a lot of F demand to LIN as well (talking MT2 times). I guess that this is nerfed too?

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 05:22:26 AM »
sami? sami?

Can you please clarify whether this is a "bug," or if the elimination of F is a new "feature" that is permanent, and we need to reconfigure our planes accordingly rather than waiting for a fix?

Online schro

• Members
Re: [ok] Domestic F Demand Missing
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
Is the intent for F demand to be nerfed compared to prior game worlds on routes that meet these specifications?  I'm going to need a microscope to find it.  There's ~3 F demand per day showing on JFK-LAX, which is about 20% of what sanabas reported earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:35:29 PM by schro »

Curse

• Former member
Re: [ok] Domestic F Demand Missing
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »
F demand seems to be back on routes above 500nm. However, it's very managable in terms of number of routes that have it and amount of first class seats.

I'm based at Heathrow by the way, so no province airport. ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.