Modern Times #7 starts this Sunday

Started by Sami, July 20, 2012, 09:05:45 PM

Sami

Modern Times #7 game world will begin this Sunday. Estimated start time is 22nd July at approximately 16.00 UTC. Please remember that the first day is 24 hours long, as usual.

ekaneti

Will the new game have the new demand features?

Maarten Otto

Airbus101

I'm sorry sami your going to have to postpone it I'll be at work  ;D

Jona L.

Quote from: Airbus101 on July 21, 2012, 03:21:05 AM
I'm sorry sami your going to have to postpone it I'll be at work  ;D
-->
Quote from: sami on July 20, 2012, 09:05:45 PM
Please remember that the first day is 24 hours long, as usual.

Are you working 24hrs long in one session?

Maarten Otto

No, but the departure slots are all booked in one hour and after that you can wait for two weeks...

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Maarten Otto on July 21, 2012, 06:23:23 AM
No, but the departure slots are all booked in one hour and after that you can wait for two weeks...

This is a case where Swiftus' idea of prepaying for a spot in a new game world up to a week in advance would come in handy. A new MT game world with new features = a game world that will fill very quickly and possibly a new website traffic record. If we are to have 650 players again, how about 550 released at 1600 tomorrow, 50 more at 0000 on the 23rd, and the remaining 50 at 0800 on the 23rd? This would ensure those who can not be around at 1600 tomorrow can still get a spot in the highly anticipated MT7.

Don
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Airbus101

O god, I didn't even think about not getting into the game and it being FULL...  :'(

Jona l. technically I'm at work for 96 hrs, but the hotels will have internet be it spotty, and slow.
and the Ipad is not the best form of interface with Airwaysim.

Airbus101

swiftus27

Quote from: Airbus101 on July 21, 2012, 04:55:38 PM
O god, I didn't even think about not getting into the game and it being FULL...  :'(

Jona l. technically I'm at work for 96 hrs, but the hotels will have internet be it spotty, and slow.
and the Ipad is not the best form of interface with Airwaysim.

Airbus101

you can still join a game... the first turn is a calendar day.

ekaneti

Ive been playing the Test game and IMO it is much much harder with the new demand factors. Ive got planes with 12% LF using a 90 seat plane flying a market that has 100 pax per day.

alexgv1

Quote from: ekaneti on July 21, 2012, 05:21:12 PM
Ive been playing the Test game and IMO it is much much harder with the new demand factors. Ive got planes with 12% LF using a 90 seat plane flying a market that has 100 pax per day.

RI=0?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ekaneti

Yeah, when I start out my LF is under 20%.

But I have markets I am flying DH8-400 with 68 seats and 60-70 market size with a 45% LF and RI=100. The routes are less than 500 miles long. No competition only one daily flight at good times. Standard seating. The game is harder.

alexgv1

Quote from: ekaneti on July 21, 2012, 06:10:33 PM
Yeah, when I start out my LF is under 20%.

But I have markets I am flying DH8-400 with 68 seats and 60-70 market size with a 45% LF and RI=100. The routes are less than 500 miles long. No competition only one daily flight at good times. Standard seating. The game is harder.

The reason is at RI=0 that only 10-20% of the passengers are aware of that route, so on a 100 pax route the demand you see is only 20 pax at the most.

Hope this helps.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ekaneti

Quote from: alexgv1 on July 21, 2012, 07:50:54 PM
The reason is at RI=0 that only 10-20% of the passengers are aware of that route, so on a 100 pax route the demand you see is only 20 pax at the most.

Hope this helps.

How about my 45% LF on routes with 60 pax and a 68 seat plane?

Jona L.

Quote from: ekaneti on July 21, 2012, 08:55:16 PM
How about my 45% LF on routes with 60 pax and a 68 seat plane?

As you mentioned above, your RI on that route is 100, thus "all" passengers that would travel the route (= all the demand) know you fly. If you have some competition, and their RI is also 100, they will take away the same amount of passengers as you do. So possibly, you are just facing some competition, eh?

Or you did too excessive pricing. That would just be guessing though.

ekaneti

Quote from: Jona L. on July 21, 2012, 09:11:15 PM
As you mentioned above, your RI on that route is 100, thus "all" passengers that would travel the route (= all the demand) know you fly. If you have some competition, and their RI is also 100, they will take away the same amount of passengers as you do. So possibly, you are just facing some competition, eh?

Or you did too excessive pricing. That would just be guessing though.

Hi no competition and I cut fares about $20 from default.

Airto3

swiftus27