Leasing system makes the game far too easy

Started by edidiot, January 19, 2009, 04:27:47 PM

edidiot

Hi Sami, I really think that the leasing system needs to be looked at. The free availability of new jets at lease prices means that

a) No one has to start with small acf and that despite their much lower running costs you can't compete with them.
b) Airlines build up massive fleets far too quickly, 1 and a half years into the beta challenge some people have fleets of 60+ jets
c) There is still no incentive to buy aircraft other than having nothing left to spend money on or to avoid tax. 

In the beta challenge for example people are ordering vast fleets of jets on lease which only need to make about 30% LFs to make a profit. This can't be realistic. There is no fun in the game if someone who has ordered far too many acf just dumps capacity on a route and gets away with it.

Would it not be more realistic for the manufactures to only sell their new aircraft and for leasing to be handled by the AI lease companies. The used acf system could add a certain number of new leased acf. from the manufactures for example. This would stop the big flow of acf, boost the used market and make airline management less important than size.

If you don't want to do that then I suggest that the costs for running routes are put up massively so that people who stupidly order far too many acf for demand are punished for it.

I know that the game needs to cater for all skill levels so how about having easy medium and hard games? Easy games could alow unlimited leases and have low costs where as hard games could have high costs and restricted leasing terms

Beni

Only one comment. Have a look to the "reality" and see that leased planes are the most preferred option for airways. As well as in the company where I work all the vehicles are leased ones (to buy is very bad finnancial option) airlines use leasing as the best option.

About what you call a problem I call it market. If someone opens many routes without going bankruptcy maybe is becouse his/her management is better than other players. Every player starts with equal ammount of money and the world is open to fly over.

Are you really asking for a punishment for the players who order aircrafts? Wow... maybe I dont understand the game, but I think this is what everybody want. A profitable and large company.

Really do you think that to order many planes is the only that you need to be succesfull? Please, have a look to the Companies value and you will see many airlines with large fleets and near bankrupcty.

Everybody has to learn the best way to stablish their company in the game, after 3 bankruptcies my compay is now profitable... Look for you place in the game and have fun.

highways1

I'd have to agree with euskoair. My airline is fairly small at the moment though expanding, but success does not happen overnight and has been noted some who order too many planes are going to be bankrupt soon. There are so many different things involved in having success. For example, your main area of operations can make a major difference. For example, I am based at JFK and fly in the US and Canada and soon to Europe. There are many untapped routes in this market. It takes time to figure out the best way to become successful and that best way is different for everyone. As a final thought, it is a game and that is important to keep in mind.