This aircraft type may be too small for this route

Started by diskoerekto, July 11, 2012, 06:55:42 PM

AndiD

Quote from: EsquireFlyer on July 31, 2012, 06:54:02 AM
In the next Jet Age game, I think the A/C size limit should be modified from the MT limit, to allow flying 707/DC8 up to their maximum range, because it's realistic and accurate for the era. On the other hand, tech-stopping classic 737s across oceans should still incur a penalty, because it's neither realistic (no ETOPS) nor historically accurate.

Same goes for LH flights in even smaller planes like DC-7s, Starliners, Comets or VC10s

swiftus27

Quote from: AndiD on August 01, 2012, 07:16:00 PM
Same goes for LH flights in even smaller planes like DC-7s, Starliners, Comets or VC10s

These WERE lh planes

Riger

What about a 767-200ER on a 13hr flight (CPT-LHR)?  It is 1600nm within its max range (6800nm). If I am going to be penalised for this flight in future games then it seems pointless having aircraft that can do that kind of range...

Regards
Richard

swiftus27

If you told me that I had a 13 hour flight on a 762er in today's world, you'd better be the cheapest fare out there.   That plane wasn't built around creature comforts. 

then again in the 1980-90s, that plane may have been acceptable. 

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: swiftus27 on November 10, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
If you told me that I had a 13 hour flight on a 762er in today's world, you'd better be the cheapest fare out there.   That plane wasn't built around creature comforts. 

then again in the 1980-90s, that plane may have been acceptable. 

It depends on the configuration. The Y seats on the 767 line are wider than 10 abreast 747's in most cases, and wider than Air Asia X's 333/343 seats. At 17.2", they are narrower than 9 abreast 777's, 787's, and 10 abreast A380's.

This would be a good time to mention that configuration age and the ability to add amenities such as IFE and catering options would make a difference to most customers as to whether or not they would find a 762 acceptable on a 13 hour flight....

Don
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Curse

exchlbg

And still this all is about warnings again. We all know why these warnings were implemented in the first place, and they obviously can´t be triggered exact enough for all game situations. A warning is no statement, it doesn´t say "your aircraft IS too small". So feel free to ignore it when you are sure about what you are doing. And as long no competitor is able to offer "appropiate" service due to lack of such aircraft models you should just ignore it. Route will work as intended.

Riger

Even if it is only a warning, it is my perception that there may be a penalty associated with that.  So if I am going to be penalised for using an aircraft that is operating well within its design criteria, then should I avoid using 767-ER's for long flights? Is there a list of aircraft that will not be penalised on a scale of distances?

Is there an explanation of how this is (or will be) applied in the game-worlds so that I can read how/when/why/what?

Regards

Richard

Curse

It's a negative value. If you are the only operator on the route most pax don't care about this and still fly with you. If you face competition with the same aircraft type, you both get the negative value so no problem.

Problem occurs when your competitor uses something without this warning, for example 777-200LR. Then pax will prefer his flights because you have the negative factor on your side and he's clean.

tcrlaf