Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New to game... making a small regional airline  (Read 645 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
New to game... making a small regional airline
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:07:05 AM »
Hey all.

I am playing in one of the main games here. 

I started out of Cleveland, Ohio (KCLE) and only want to make a small regional airlines for now. 

I don't know if that is a bad idea or not.  I am just here to try to have some fun at my own expense.

Well, I hope to be active in the forums and learn from you all.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: New to game... making a small regional airline
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:13:46 AM »
Is it good that I started the game with a small plane and a 96% load factor?  Everything I read says I should be doing much worse.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:06:26 AM »
Yes, thats a good LF%. Remember to grab a few more aircraft before the one you started with goes into C check.  ;)

With the recent update that sami has spent countless hours on (  ;D), you shouldnt have much problems running a regional airline.

So, should work out.

Good luck!

Talentz

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
Talentz, I appreciate the kind words.

I ordered a second small prop airplane with the C check and a 737 with the C check. 

I just plan to start off hopping to cities within a short distance. 

I see many other airlines that have 4 planes but service something like 10-15 cities.  To me, I'd rather just have small aircraft continually going to the same town.   It seems easier to me to do it that way and it also seems more profitable.

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »
yeah thats how I do it too, it cost less in marketing but you should just keep to one type of aircraft it'll save you even more money.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »

I see many other airlines that have 4 planes but service something like 10-15 cities.  To me, I'd rather just have small aircraft continually going to the same town.   It seems easier to me to do it that way and it also seems more profitable.

Actually, you're quite right on this.  You build your route image and capitalize on the loyalty you're building in your passengers.  Some people like to grab many routes to start the long road to a high route image much more quickly.  It depends on your strategy and plans.  Sounds like you have a good plan.  Remember to advertise your routes as well as your general company.  It will be much easier for you to charge higher rates later on and retain a good load factor when competition gets stiff.

Good luck!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.