cancellations due to 'scheduling'

Started by brique, June 26, 2012, 03:53:26 PM

brique

I keep getting flights cancelled with the cause given as 'scheduling' and its bugging me trying to track down the cause.

Firstly, I'm running turn-around's at over twice the minimum (45-50 mins for a 20min minimum), longer in some cases as my overall schedules ain't that tight.

Secondly : some of the flights are the first flight of the day, with no night flights, so I'm lost as to how a 5-6hr lay-over can then cause cancellation due to a too tight turnaround?

Thirdly : Today, I have a 'second of the day' flight cancelled : when I check the first flight, it shows zero delays over the last 7 days. So, unless the return flight went from a 90min one into a 120min one (impossible to check), there should be no reason to delay the following flight on scheduling grounds.

addition : Also, its not affecting just one set of routes, its spread over the fleet pretty randomly.

So, final question : is this a bug, a random infliction, like weather delays, or is there some other factor affecting matters beyond mere time between flights?

Sami

My best guess .. Insufficient turnaround time at home base?

(though keep in mind that the system does NOT count the plane schedules one by one and each flight in a row to determine the schedule based cancellations. It is fully based on probability calculations, based on the turnaround times. So in cases of "bad luck" you may experience more of these than on average for a short period of time.)

edit. I checked your route delays page. You have 0.4% cancellations companywide. So nothing to be alarmed of.

Punctuality 98.5%, and average delay per flight is less than 1 minute. Those are way above average.

ArcherII

a 1% delay chance does not guarantee a delay-free airline.

swiftus27

Imagine having a block of built up delays that finally cancel a flight...

Granny got sick, a bag neededre screening...  As said above, a 1% is not 0%

brique

Thanks all, so its just a random event then, pretty much like weather.

hey ho  ::)

Airbus101

Dont get me started on Weather!!!

does where you fly really have an effect on delays and weather, or is it all random?

this is what I'm dealing with!
Airport weather conditions    8865 mins   (~ 64.5 %)

Tujue

Don't get me started on Unmotivated Staff!!!

Damn firing incident... >:(

Unmotivated staff    78661 mins   (~ 92.83 %)
Tujue Airways (🇦🇿 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇷 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇲 Tujue Howa Ýollary / 🇺🇿 Tujue Havo Yoʻllari / 🇰🇿 Tujue Äwe Joldarı / 🇰🇬 Tujue Aba Joldoru)

Men

London Heathrow = Airport and route traffic restrictions   1746 mins   (~ 75.85 %)  8)