A new base

Started by Mikri, June 19, 2012, 09:02:08 PM

Mikri

Why can't I open a new baseairport outside my country? I can see that other companys has done that

Jona L.

Quote from: Mikri on June 19, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
Why can't I open a new baseairport outside my country? I can see that other companys has done that

Possible only in:

EU (past 1997)
Dutch Antilles for players based in NL
PR and Guam for players based in USA
HK for players based in China (past 1997 I think, dunno if that was a bug though)

01miki10

Before 1992 possible:
Soviet Union (15 countries)
Yugoslavia (5 countries)

Bases must have opened before collapse of these countries. (1991-1992)

Sami

You do find this info in Manual too.

Mikri

the rules state that:

"intra-EU basing in foreign countries (cabotage) is available only after EU liberated the air traffic in 1997"

Does that mean that I can open af new base after 1997?

exchlbg

That´s exactly what the quoted sentence says.

alexgv1

Quote from: Mikri on June 20, 2012, 08:01:53 PM
Does that mean that I can open af new base after 1997?

Provided that your airline is in the EU, as is your proposed base, then yes.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

knutm1980

France and Switzerland seem to have an open skies treaty. Not sure if there are other countries who have it within europe already.

Jona L.

Quote from: knutm1980 on July 07, 2012, 04:03:58 AM
France and Switzerland seem to have an open skies treaty. Not sure if there are other countries who have it within europe already.

All EU has openskies after 1997, excepted are Norway, Switzerland, and the other non-EU countries in Europe. Joining dates for EU are also real world based, thus e.g. Slovenia and such are only available later through the game.

knutm1980

Quote from: Jona L. on July 07, 2012, 03:36:50 PM
All EU has openskies after 1997, excepted are Norway, Switzerland, and the other non-EU countries in Europe. Joining dates for EU are also real world based, thus e.g. Slovenia and such are only available later through the game.

Well, theres an airline operating in Switzerland and France atm and has for some time..It's not EU open skies, hence me mentioning it.

alexgv1

Quote from: knutm1980 on July 12, 2012, 04:16:05 AM
Well, theres an airline operating in Switzerland and France atm and has for some time..It's not EU open skies, hence me mentioning it.

Basel airport is an exception because it's on the border of two countries, hence either can open a base there. That's the only example of such things you should see in Europe before 1997.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Jona L.

Quote from: alexgv1 on July 12, 2012, 07:52:07 AM
Basel airport is an exception because it's on the border of two countries, hence either can open a base there. That's the only example of such things you should see in Europe before 1997.

Actually, it is located far into French territory, but co-operated by the cities of Basel (CH), Mulhouse (F), and Freiburg (D). It is considered a project to increase the friendship of these cities ::)

anyways, considering it is possible for a Swiss airline to open there, why is the German side left out? Also, the name of the airport is not only Basel-Mulhouse, it is: EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg ;) (maybe should do a bug report :P )