Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: More planes same route vs. new route  (Read 584 times)

Cujo

• Former member
More planes same route vs. new route
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
If I understand things correctly, higher your company image the more passengers you are likely to get. If this is true, is it better to keep opening new routes, or add a second plane to an existing route? It's hard to find airports with more passengers than seats available. So leave that out of the equation because I would fly where there is less competition. But if available passenger per day vs. seats available is same for all cities, is it better to have 10 routes with 1 plane or 5 routes with 2 planes? Or does it not matter? LOL or am I confused and have it all wrong?

Jona L.

• Former member
Re: More planes same route vs. new route
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »
If I understand things correctly, higher your company image the more passengers you are likely to get. If this is true, is it better to keep opening new routes, or add a second plane to an existing route? It's hard to find airports with more passengers than seats available. So leave that out of the equation because I would fly where there is less competition. But if available passenger per day vs. seats available is same for all cities, is it better to have 10 routes with 1 plane or 5 routes with 2 planes? Or does it not matter? LOL or am I confused and have it all wrong?

If you want to keep expenses low, you should always fill routes up to 110-120% before opening the next, as marketing cost is calculated based on the airports you serve. The number of routes is a factor as well, but generally far lower than the factor for an additional route.

Cujo

• Former member
Re: More planes same route vs. new route
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:44 PM »
that affects how I'm going to expand. Thanks for info

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.