Can you Reduce seats to increase past nominal MAX range?

Started by Airbus101, June 05, 2012, 03:51:07 PM

Airbus101

Can you reduce your (standard) total seats and increase max range?

example F27-200 standard seating 45 is 1000nm

I found the Payload VS range chart, I understand it BUT, the change is expensive, and I want to make sure
its an operating feature if I remove a few seats the range will increase?

I need to get to that Juicy Airport thats just out of reach, but I dont want to spend lots of money and days converting the Aircraft then find out it
does not work...

so thanks in advance.
Airbus101

Sami

Just keep the seats (since seat weight itself is not modelled). The system will automatically limit the payload if the range with max payload is exceeded (= does not sell the seats to be able to fly that route). This is shown at route opening page, and at each individual route page too.

Meicci

swiftus27

The namc us has a huge rang increase changing from hdntomstd seating.  The fewer seats led to less weight...

knutm1980

There's a payload vs range map next to the range map under the Operational Info heading..shows a curve with distance and pax load.

Troxartas86

I tried experimenting with this myself earlier by switching a plane to entirely premium seating in order to get a lucrative route that was about 2-300NM out of reach. The reduction in available seats to sell coupled with additional fuel costs made it an unprofitable venture. I let it run for a month or two, losing money or breaking even at best before giving up, reconfiguring the planes to normal seating and transfering them to my 2nd base. Overall, a very costly blunder.

swiftus27

Guys, you CAN fly the route, it will just limit the number of pax on the plane..... if the plane can do it at all.

Airbus101

Ok, thanks everyone... Understand the Gate Agents will weight restrict the flight at the gate no need to pay for a change to the seat layout.
that sounds GREAT!

I'll test it out thanks.

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on June 05, 2012, 05:04:36 PM
hdntomstd

Typing on a mobile device... don't we all love it?!

and yes, the NAMC is great in that thing, going from 740 in nominal to 1250 if STD seating is used (best with C-class, mine had 50 seats in 44|6|0 seating, getting the 1250NM)

cheers,
Jona L.

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: Airbus101 on June 05, 2012, 09:19:48 PM
Ok, thanks everyone... Understand the Gate Agents will weight restrict the flight at the gate no need to pay for a change to the seat layout.
that sounds GREAT!

I'll test it out thanks.

You're lucky that DOT complaints aren't modeled due to all the IDBs, but yes. :)