The Leasing Trap!

Started by JoeAcid69, June 02, 2012, 09:58:20 PM

JoeAcid69

Hi.
Since awhile i try to figure out to brake the barrier of loosing money after c-checks.
Evry time the same, you lease an aircraft and then after a year, when the c-check was, you loosing money. I didn't change nothing about the routes keep an eye on the personnel, marketing, sheduling, prices and so on. But after a year all the time the same.
Any idea?
Anybody have the same problem?

I thought about, to start with two leasing planes again and the third is then to order as new, maybe this can brake the barrier of the leasing trap!
But i restart so often a new airline, so i'm not allowed anymore to bankrupt again.

Joe

Sami

Did you use the same type of planes..? Or what did you lease/buy actually?

JoeAcid69

Quote from: sami on June 03, 2012, 04:05:40 AM
Did you use the same type of planes..? Or what did you lease/buy actually?

I use the same airplanes.
767-200, 767-300, 767-300ER, 747-400, F28, F100, ATR42

now i'm getting more and more in debt!

Joe

Sami

I guess you did not understand what I meant.

I see that you have a total of nine planes, but you have a whopping of FIVE different fleet groups. That alone is enough to cause all your problems.

exchlbg

Joe, one of the most repeated tips in every forum is to keep your fleet lean, that means as less different fleet types as possible.
Every new type really hits you hard on commonality costs,the third ,seventh and so on even more.Every company not regarding this is on the straight way to bankrupt.Don´t ever start with more than two different aircraft types. Build up a little fleet of every type before ordering a new one. Make sure there is enough fitting demand to build up a fleet before ordering a new type.

Greetings
Chris