Started by Pilot Oatmeal, June 01, 2012, 08:02:18 PM

Pilot Oatmeal

Right, Here we go, Euro 2012...

Predictions please and relevant opinions

Mine to be England to win, obviously, being English  ;D

[SC] - King Kong

We'll beat all of you!

I support the ORANGE colour.

Should say enough, without you watching my location ;)

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Airlinemaster on June 01, 2012, 10:45:05 PM
We'll beat all of you!

I support the ORANGE colour.

Should say enough, without you watching my location ;)

I used to root for the Orange (independent of my location), until I soured on them in the last World Cup...

ArcherII

Italy. They just have had their usual scandal before titles.

swiftus27

So the Euro in 2012?

First I see Greece taking a nosedive into oblivion followed by Spain and Portugal.  Germany decides to not bail anyone out any more and chaos ensues....

But I think we are talking about 'football' aren't we!?!?!

mtnlion

Haha. Nice swiftus.  ;D

Anyway, I'd say that Spain is strong as always and England flops as usually. Germany is also going to be in the top3, Holland and France are both top5 teams. Maybe Russia and one of the host-countries surprises.

And yeah, we Finns did not make it to the Euro2012 but next time we will!

Pilot Oatmeal

Quote from: mtnlion on June 02, 2012, 06:27:19 AM
Haha. Nice swiftus.  ;D

Anyway, I'd say that Spain is strong as always and England flops as usually. Germany is also going to be in the top3, Holland and France are both top5 teams. Maybe Russia and one of the host-countries surprises.

And yeah, we Finns did not make it to the Euro2012 but next time we will!

Not this time, England have no expectation of themselves this year, that is why, the country that created football, is going to take it home.   8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtzdE669BfY

Jona L.

Talking about EuroChampionship 2012...

HOW THE HELL DID ISRAEL GET IN?!?!

Not meaning to be racist or so, but they are NOT in Europe... I mean Turkey is also not in, even though half their population lives in Germany and parts of their country are actually in Europe (e.g. Istanbul)...

I guess Israel is just in for political correctness, because otherwise they would go and cry again about antisemitism, we know that old story ::)

Anyways, I am not for any team... many of the German players performed crappy in the national leagues, and thus don't deserve a win, Orange is only worn by trashmasters, and France -seriously, one can't support France...-, English football was never any great ( :P ) Italy and Spain are the only ones, that would somehow deserve a win, but I am not enough related to their nations as to vote for them...

Good luck to anyone, we'll see who makes it. Drop me a line who won, I am too busy with AWS as to watch football ;D

Hwoarang

Quote from: Jona L. on June 02, 2012, 01:47:39 PM
but they are NOT in Europe...
Because they are a member of UEFA, just like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.

Even funier is that Morocco once participated in Eurovision Song Contest, because their national broadcaster was an EBU member

[SC] - King Kong

What is Iseal?  :D haha naah, lets talk about footbal.

The Dutch beat Northern Ireland with 6-0 yesterday!

Instead of practising against good players (IE Germany) they play against N. Ireland

Hwoarang

Quote from: Airlinemaster on June 03, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
What is Iseal?
Where do you see Iseal?

Quote from: Airlinemaster on June 03, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
Instead of practising against good players (IE Germany) they play against N. Ireland
IIRC they weren't playing against good players either (and I think all of them were draw, right?) just before World Cup 2010, but they still managed to get into the finals.

knutm1980

Quote from: Pilot Oatmeal on June 01, 2012, 08:02:18 PM
Right, Here we go, Euro 2012...

Predictions please and relevant opinions

Mine to be England to win, obviously, being English  ;D

I lived in England for 10 years..I was always equally surprised by the England fans when England tumbles out of a championship. It's still just 2 world wars and 1 world cup..! heh. But perhaps the lack of expectations this year is good. They do deserve it I feel, and I'm no big football fan. Shame I don't live there for this one, always a good time in the pub during the games.

As a Norwegian, I obviously can't care about football, we're just s***.

stevecree

England v France tonight.....C'MON ENGLAND  ;)   ;D

Pilot Oatmeal

Wooooo!!! Engerllannddd!

Jona L.

2:1 for GER!!!! Dutchies can go home ;D

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: Jona L. on June 13, 2012, 09:22:44 PM
2:1 for GER!!!! Dutchies can go home ;D
Probably... :'(
Unless we defeat Portugal...
With two points difference... :-\

Hopefully Portugal will think we suck and then BAM 2-0 (wishful thinking I guess)

Regards,

NC

ArcherII

It's incredible that there's no tv coverage here in Argentina if you don't have HD or Direct Tv  :P. Given that we are real football nuts I was in the belief that at least one of the 6 sport channels in my local cable would broadcast it.

Tujue

Quote from: NovemberCharlie on June 13, 2012, 09:41:02 PM
Unless we defeat Portugal...
With two points difference... :-\
Unless we defeat Portugal with two goals difference and Germany defeats Denmark (you never know)...
Tujue Airways (🇦🇿 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇷 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇲 Tujue Howa Ýollary / 🇺🇿 Tujue Havo Yoʻllari / 🇰🇿 Tujue Äwe Joldarı / 🇰🇬 Tujue Aba Joldoru)

socceroos28

You nutters, go for ireland they are king(I actually support spain, but who cares give the green army a chance)

lol :) :) :) :)

[SC] - King Kong

The Dutch are doing bad this year!

But we allways serve, de koning van Hispanië