Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Economic Indicators, Real World Events, Frequent Flyer Programs  (Read 343 times)

pcroarkin

• Former member
I would like to start by saying that I am very satisfied with the game; the creators did a great job at taking a complex industry and making is simple enough for anyone to enjoy playing.  Besides the great ideas already posted, I would like to see a couple of features added to the game to add an extra layer of difficulty.

1. Economic indicators - This would be a barometer on the economy and would affect demand, fuel prices, labor costs, and ticket prices. I.E. a reading above 50 represents economic growth a reading below 50 would represent a recession.  I think this would need to be a regional or country-specific reading, but there could also be a global reading as well. Perhaps this is in the underlying gameplay, but it would be good to have a visual reading.

2. Real World Events - So far, I see when airports open or close, but it would be good to incorporate political events, terrorist events, wars, etc which would have an impact on PAX demand.  For instance, a coup in Thailand would reduce or perhaps eliminate travel to that country for a period of time.  It could be random or could be modeled after real events in the given time of game play.

3. Frequent Flyer/Points Program (Self explanitory)

some others

4. Ability to pay commission to travel agents, discounts for round-trip passengers, offer other services such as lounges for business and first class passengers, ability to purchase auxiliary property such as hotels, resorts, amusement parks, etc

I think some of these were already mentioned so apologize if I am repeating
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:52:23 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Economic Indicators, Real World Events, Frequent Flyer Programs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
1/4 - Actually quite a coincidence as I am just setting up a development environment to the server as I noticed that the general economic model does need some changes, as the expenses are not balanced very well compared to real life.

2 - is planned, separate thread exists.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.