Airline safety cards?.. Starting a collection

Started by swiftus27, April 12, 2012, 03:12:25 PM

swiftus27

English is a fail language mix of many others.

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on January 31, 2013, 01:56:39 AM
English is a fail language mix of many others.

Yeah, still I had such things happen to me rarely LOL

I fear it may be due to the job... more Turkish and Russian needed there LOL

swiftus27

Im trying to get to the Sochi Olympics without paying a fortune.... any ideas/help would be awesome.

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on January 31, 2013, 02:08:30 AM
Im trying to get to the Sochi Olympics without paying a fortune.... any ideas/help would be awesome.

Well, I can only give you a link to the site of a flellow AWS-mer but it's in Dutch...

http://www.ticketspy.nl/

Mostly offering things to/from AMS, but you'd need a connector anyways :P

brique

Quote from: ucfknightryan on January 31, 2013, 01:10:50 AM
Careful, you'll start a war with the commonwelth-english speakers on Math/Maths.  :laugh:

'Math' is a real ear-itcher for me : just sounds wrong.

btw... its 'English', no modifier is required, its already a mish-mash of 4 or more 'base' languages, then seasoned with bits of dozens of other languages and topped with hundreds of dialects, so seems a bit daft to get worried about the 'correct' version...

ucfknightryan

Quote from: brique on January 31, 2013, 03:01:55 AM
'Math' is a real ear-itcher for me : just sounds wrong.

btw... its 'English', no modifier is required, its already a mish-mash of 4 or more 'base' languages, then seasoned with bits of dozens of other languages and topped with hundreds of dialects, so seems a bit daft to get worried about the 'correct' version...

eh, I wasn't really implying that something was the correct version, more pointing out/making a joke about the fact that there were actually different opinions w/regards to Math/Maths.   ;D

Jona L.

Hey, Swiftus, been a bit busy today again for you :)

Another TK one (this time A330-2/300) (sorry Alex, but it's really easy LOL you must be doing something wrong :P )
and Pegasus Airlines 738 (2 versions, brand new from the stack)

Forgot to ask on Aer Lingus A320 again today, will do tomorrow (if I have them) and also forgot the SK CRJ9, will try that as well next time I have one.

Dunno my roster for tomorrow, but I can tell you there will be more coming once season commences again towards march, because than more of the exotics starts flying again (Bulgarian Air Charter MD82, Air Via A320, SkyHava Yollary and German Sky and the alike).

I'll wait till I have like 10 or so before sending another package (since postage remains the same 5,50€ until 500g).

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

alexgv1

In English maths/mathematics is plural and there is no singular. I think "math" is American.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

swiftus27

Quote from: [SC] Jona L. on January 31, 2013, 09:41:07 PM
Hey, Swiftus, been a bit busy today again for you :)

Another TK one (this time A330-2/300) (sorry Alex, but it's really easy LOL you must be doing something wrong :P )
and Pegasus Airlines 738 (2 versions, brand new from the stack)

Forgot to ask on Aer Lingus A320 again today, will do tomorrow (if I have them) and also forgot the SK CRJ9, will try that as well next time I have one.

Dunno my roster for tomorrow, but I can tell you there will be more coming once season commences again towards march, because than more of the exotics starts flying again (Bulgarian Air Charter MD82, Air Via A320, SkyHava Yollary and German Sky and the alike).

I'll wait till I have like 10 or so before sending another package (since postage remains the same 5,50€ until 500g).

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

I look forward to unveiling the final product someday.  I really appreciate the help. 

Atlantische Zeiler

swiftus27

Quote from: alexgv1 on January 31, 2013, 11:36:24 PM
In English maths/mathematics is plural and there is no singular. I think "math" is American.

I don't care what you had to say.  We won the war back in the 1780s to take the S of Maths. 

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on February 01, 2013, 09:01:55 PM
I don't care what you had to say.  We won the war back in the 1780s to take the S of Maths. 

Well I see you ninja edited your OP to Ameri-English (American), so I can't accuse you of giving false English lessons now.

ucfknightryan

Quote from: alexgv1 on January 31, 2013, 11:36:24 PM

Math and maths are both actually singular, not plural.  And yes, math is the AmE short form of mathematics  link

alexgv1

Quote from: ucfknightryan on February 01, 2013, 09:25:57 PM
Math and maths are both actually singular, not plural.  And yes, math is the AmE short form of mathematics  link

It's a singular plural, much like a "flock" of sheep is singular for a plural thing.

ucfknightryan

Quote from: alexgv1 on February 01, 2013, 09:07:26 PM
Well I see you ninja edited your OP to Ameri-English (American), so I can't accuse you of giving false English lessons now.

How would he be giving false English lessons?   American English is just as valid a dialect of English as British English, Canadian English, or any of the other various Englishes around the world.   ;D :laugh:

ucfknightryan

Quote from: alexgv1 on February 01, 2013, 09:29:15 PM
It's a singular plural, much like a "flock" of sheep is singular for a plural thing.

No it's not, mathematics is a mass noun.  You can not count mathematics (which is kind of amusing).  You can not have two mathematics, and there is no one mathematic.  There is just mathematics.  That link I posted is a whole article about math/maths.  Our crazy language is crazy  :laugh:  :)

alexgv1

Quote from: ucfknightryan on February 01, 2013, 09:46:38 PM
No it's not, mathematics is a mass noun.  You can not count mathematics (which is kind of amusing).  You can not have two mathematics, and there is no one mathematic.  There is just mathematics.  That link I posted is a whole article about math/maths.  Our crazy language is crazy  :laugh:  :)

Well that's my simple understanding of it. But I think you must be a scholar so I bow down  :D To be honest I couldn't read your link because it had so many words I didn't understand in it.

My point (perhaps tongue in cheek) is that American is a completely different language to (British) English. Of course anything contained in my posts simply represents my opinion and not fact. But they never understand me when I go over there any more  :'(

swiftus27

Jona L.

Back to topic:

Today's earnings, all fresh from the stock of spare cards, and of course all with Purser-permission.

Scandinavian Airlines CRJ9
Germania A319 (to complete the fleet of ST in your stock)
FlyBE EMB-175 (will catch 195 and Q400 as soon as I have the next BEE ramp)

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

swiftus27