Airline safety cards?.. Starting a collection

Started by swiftus27, April 12, 2012, 03:12:25 PM

swiftus27

Everyone, I am starting a collection of safety cards (the news you find in the seat pocket in front of you).  I don't know how I want to get them but I was hoping that some of you can start getting a few obscure ones for me.    I'll be on a 717 tomorrow.   I'll pay for any shipping via PayPal. 

I have a Mesa crj900
United 738/739
United express Emb 145
Republic emb 170/175

follett1415

sounds like a cool collection, I will keep my eyes out for you...
But in the mean time you can check this out
http://www.airtoons.com/

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 12, 2012, 03:12:25 PM
Everyone, I am starting a collection of safety cards (the news you find in the seat pocket in front of you).  I don't know how I want to get them but I was hoping that some of you can start getting a few obscure ones for me.    I'll be on a 717 tomorrow.   I'll pay for any shipping via PayPal. 

I have a Mesa crj900
United 738/739
United express Emb 145
Republic emb 170/175

Isn't it illegal to take these off an airplane?!

swiftus27

If there are any in your possession, then let me know.  We got to make sure everyone has the card in front of them so they know how to properly kiss their butt goodbye.   Please do not steal.   

alexgv1

Sorry, but Ryanair's are stuck to the back of the seat!
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 12, 2012, 04:35:34 PM
Please do not steal.  

Well, how else would you get these? It's not like you can buy the in the onboard shop or so...

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 12, 2012, 04:35:34 PM
If there are any in your possession, then let me know.

Well, you could have told me earlier, I just came back from BCN this moring on Air Berlin A320... could have (tried to) manage to get them...

swiftus27

I'm sure Ryanair will sell one to you for a fee

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 12, 2012, 05:06:31 PM
I'm sure Ryanair will sell one to you for a fee

Only in an emergency!

Please find a chip & PIN machine at your nearest emergency exit.

Jona L.

Quote from: alexgv1 on April 12, 2012, 05:10:58 PM
Only in an emergency!

Please find a chip & PIN machine at your nearest emergency exit.

LOL

just reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3so6AJe4UQ

Ilyushin

[SC] - King Kong

When I flew Ryanair, only one return trip, after landing I just asked the fa if I could get one of them. The pilot then gave me one spare. Most personell on board enjoy aviatian enthousiasts and their crazy hobbies so if there is a spare one, theyll give you one :)

swiftus27

Perhaps I should send a letter to all of these companies????  I would love to figure out how.

I sent one to SWA and United.  I will send more when I have time.  I'd be much happier if I could find more obscure ones, though.

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 13, 2012, 01:14:20 PM
I sent one to SWA and United.  I will send more when I have time.  I'd be much happier if I could find more obscure ones, though.

With SWA you will be more likely to have your request accepted if you write it with crayons on some toilet paper than a formal letter, lol  :D

Quote from: mtnlion on April 13, 2012, 07:15:09 PM
Here's one.
http://kuvaton.com/browse/21247

LOL!  :laugh:

JumboShrimp

You should have mentioned it 2 weeks ago.  I would have had for you a 738 United, 753 United (I guess these 2 are not that rare), Cessna 402 and a Piper Aztec

alexgv1

Come to think of it I could get you one for a BAe Jetstream 32. I would have to email it to you though.

JS, what were the latter two like? Were they commercial passenger planes?

schro

I read a DL DC-9 30/40/50 safety card on Friday, then put it back in the seat back pocket of N775NC. I will repeat that again on Monday in your honor.

Jona L.

Quote from: schro on April 15, 2012, 04:27:21 AM
I read a DL DC-9 30/40/50 safety card on Friday, then put it back in the seat back pocket of N775NC. I will repeat that again on Monday in your honor.

As you fly DC-9 so often (as you claim) why do you still bother reading those safety cards? I only read them in "new" types that I fly on first, or when I sit in an exit row I haven't yet sat in to re-memorize how the window thingys work, or just in case the emergency exit doors.

swiftus27

Got a 712 from airtran.  Thanks to a member who lives 10 minutes from me, I may be able to get a bunch of 737 cards.

I appreciate the help and will post the final work.

schro

Quote from: Jona L. on April 15, 2012, 01:42:19 PM
As you fly DC-9 so often (as you claim) why do you still bother reading those safety cards? I only read them in "new" types that I fly on first, or when I sit in an exit row I haven't yet sat in to re-memorize how the window thingys work, or just in case the emergency exit doors.

Honestly, I don't usually read them, but I made a special effort to be able to troll in this thread afterwards.

*tips hat in the direction of swiftus*  ;D