Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 14, 2013, 03:27:16 PM
I imagine ground pollution as dirty water on the water overlay.

So you actually cleaned it up?  In my 2 attempts, I placed the pump at the cleanest place...

Anyway, I decided to give up on SimCity for a few weeks, until they get their act together...

ReedME

I love what this had to offer I hate ea for royally screwing it. Here's hoping they get their act together

My Internet connection is unstable at best - joys of living in regional Australia - so not only does it take me decades to get onto the game it then takes a century to load my city and when the net cuts out 20 minutes later bam I'm back at square one even though it drops for one or two seconds at a time . I really like the multiplayer / global economy thing and was looking forwards to it. But sim city always has been and always will be predominately single player. And not being able to play when I want to play how I want to play a single player game really really p***es me off.

I'm not a fan of this region layout either . Nobody wants to see a small group of skyscrapers surrounded by empty land - anyone with me on this ? I believe each city should be 1/4 of a region without this 'empty' space in between cities. Heck even if the city map was the same size just have them adjacent. The empty space hurts because its always in places it shouldn't be. How can I build a megalopolis now?

I've been waiting a good 7 years for maxis to re-invigorate sim city and despite all the hype this is a joke! /sad

Infinity

I really love-hate this game. It's tremendous fun until you reach a state of the city that the AI is just too dumb to cope with.
I have a million taxis driving around a block back and forth to reach the airport. They jam the streets so tourists are unable to reach my venues and thus I have lost a lot of income from them.

ReedME

That's the problem - it's designed as a glorified sim town - I don't think theAI was ever designed for the endgame it's really intelligent early though but as soon as you get all built up it gets confused - reminds me of Chris Sawyers locomotion - where once you got really big planes would start flying in circles!

Infinity

I read today they were tweaking the AI so the probability for the cars to chose an alternate route increases with the congestion level of the fastest route they are currently all trying to take. That should help with a lot actually, but extreme congestion points such as the motorway exit will not be solved by that, and neither will my problem with the airport as all the taxis want to go there and they can't chose any other way but the more direct once they are in a certain proximity.

ReedME

I understand your point on the region thing and I'm a massive support of regions - what I'm not a fan of is this preset motorway and the empty space between the tiny 'cities' I want to be able to make my city and have it grow out into suburbia like reality not a bunch of skyscrapers surrounded by open plains. I feel we should have more control over where we want the airport and what size it is etc - I'm all for a region that is blank and divided into a grid form!

swiftus27

Why would houses be built but no one move in?  I have many tier 3 building a that are for sale(not vacant) and no one is moving in.  I can't figure it out. 

Infinity

Maybe because my neighboring city has 500000000 $$$-Houses :D

swiftus27

I'm not talking income level 3...   These are tier 3 income level 1 buildings that were occupied as tier 1 and 2 but no one moves in. They have power and water

swiftus27

I have moving vans that drive into my city, go about a block and turn around... They take a right, drive another block and another u turn.  Then they turn left on the original street and do the first u turn again... Over and over

Infinity

Yup, the AI is completely f***ed. Fire trucks do the same.

Dasha

Did any of you recieve that long awaited email saying we could have a free game?? Should be sent at the 18th?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

I downloaded dead space 3 earlier.  I got the message when I logged out of the game this morning.

ReedME

I just got that email apparently it unlocks for me on the 23rd what games are on offer ?

Dasha

The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

Origin, who I bought my game thru, just let me download DS3 and I have it on my screen now.

ReedME

LemonButt

Now that EA's CEO stepped down is it safe to buy SC5 yet or should I wait until after the class action lawsuits happen?

Dasha

I'm still not convinced about the game to be honest. Yes it's a good game but there's things that just totally backfired... Only you can decide if you find it worth the money :)

swiftus27

I hate specializing in one field... your city HAS to run a loss to make anything productive..... while you will make money selling alloy, oil, plastic etc....

the game is a massive time sink

SOUND FAMILIAR?????????