Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

Infinity

I have now built 3 fully upgraded Processor Factories to finally get the Electronics HQ-upgrade, but instead of Exporting the stuff the stocks just fill up. Occasionally I see a set being sold for 64.000, but my stocks are overflowing again immediately.
This sucks.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: [SC] Jona L. on March 12, 2013, 12:13:49 PM
I have a weird other bug, which I already reported to Origin.... one of my factories dropped ~2 times it's height into the ground LOL (see Screenshot).

Maybe it is an Iranian nuclear weapons facility...

Dasha

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 12, 2013, 05:01:32 PM
I have now built 3 fully upgraded Processor Factories to finally get the Electronics HQ-upgrade, but instead of Exporting the stuff the stocks just fill up. Occasionally I see a set being sold for 64.000, but my stocks are overflowing again immediately.
This sucks.

Have that with my coal and ore. They keep stacking in the trade port. Dunno why.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Dasha on March 12, 2013, 06:42:23 PM
Have that with my coal and ore. They keep stacking in the trade port. Dunno why.

Did you select "export" rather than local use?

Infinity

How stupid do you think we are :D

JumboShrimp

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 12, 2013, 06:50:45 PM
How stupid do you think we are :D

I guess if you already figured out to how to build a trade port, you are bound to discover this feature.

In my first attempt, I had a recycling facility full of recycled stuff for quite some time before I discovereded the trade port.

swiftus27

ooooooooooooooooooooops

Jona L.

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 12, 2013, 12:22:35 PM
@Jona I got a similar glitch in my city, just the other way around. The building is on some kind of ultra steep hill :P

Well funny thing is the exact same building has been on flat ground before... not even due to construction of a new building. Weird!

swiftus27

wife leaves town for a few days starting tomorrow...  I am gonna have some city building fun

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 13, 2013, 12:59:32 AM
wife leaves town for a few days starting tomorrow...  I am gonna have some city building fun

You are tempting me to load this thing on the work 30", 2560x1600 monitor PC.

Sami

What was the server again for our region? Got the game yesterday

Dasha

US West 4

If you add me (Zavaya) or give the rest here your username we can invite you to the region...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Infinity

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 12, 2013, 06:57:33 PM
I guess if you already figured out to how to build a trade port, you are bound to discover this feature.

In my first attempt, I had a recycling facility full of recycled stuff for quite some time before I discovereded the trade port.

I figured out what it was, I had severe traffic issues where the motorway met my city roads, I built a Y-crossing there and now its not a problem anymore. The processors in stock went 1-2-3 and now I have the Electronics HQ at stage 2.

Dasha

Does anybody know if you can clean ground pollution? I demolished that sewage dump pipe but the area keeps being polluted and seems to still be expanding...

swiftus27

plop a filtration plant on it and use filters and not pumps as the upgrade.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 13, 2013, 11:03:45 PM
plop a filtration plant on it and use filters and not pumps as the upgrade.

So that eventually removes the ground pollution?  Interesting....

Dasha

Okay that requires some interesting planning as I plopped my nuclear plant on it :D

Sami

Okay well WTF. Right in the middle of playing (everything working normally and connected to servers etc):

"Your city is not processing properly" ... etc. Only option to QUIT back to main menu. Then I have an option to rollback to a previous "save" or "abandon" city. And dumdidum, everything I have done in last 40 minutes has disappeared.

p*** off EA.  >:(

Infinity

Yup, the fact that the game has no free saving is REALLY bad.

swiftus27

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 14, 2013, 12:02:05 AM
So that eventually removes the ground pollution?  Interesting....

I imagine ground pollution as dirty water on the water overlay.