Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

Dasha

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 09, 2013, 04:44:41 PM
Okay, I created a region called AirwaySim on US West 4. You need to login on that server for me to invite you, as I can't see you otherwise.
Add me at origin (saftfrucht23) and hit me up when you are on US West 4.

You are offline and not in my friends list  ???
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Sami

Let's see if I can join you guys next week.. Just tell the server and region we're focusing on, if there's "the one".

Also, did you see that EA will give a free game to everyone because of the server issues. Expect email on 18th.

Dasha

Yes I read that... I hope they give the Digital Deluxe out for free :)

We got a server now.. just joined Sapfruit :D
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

^^^ been asking him to invite me to the region but he cant get the message due to being entranced into his huge city.

freshmore

Well, I have just acquired and can report no server issues atm. I'm freshmore1, so add me to the region as well. Will send out some friend requests also.

Dasha

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 10, 2013, 12:50:20 AM
^^^ been asking him to invite me to the region but he cant get the message due to being entranced into his huge city.

Sent you an invite...

Infinity

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 10, 2013, 12:50:20 AM

Sorray :D The Messaging in Origin doesn't seem to work too well, I checked it quite often actually.

JumboShrimp

Set up another city last night - industrial / mining city.  What I have learned from that?  It is good to notice the wind direction at the beginning  :)

I wish there was a faster speed setting for the game...

Jona L.

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 11, 2013, 12:23:00 AM
Set up another city last night - industrial / mining city.  What I have learned from that?  It is good to notice the wind direction at the beginning  :)

I wish there was a faster speed setting for the game...

Apparently the 3rd speed option has been disabled alongside with a lot of other features until less people actually play the game... errm I mean, until they put more servers online :P

Dasha

Guys is any of you playing the British, German and French city set? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting it but not sure if I should...

[ATA] - lilius

I finally decided to purchase and wait for the slow download here in mexico. We will see how it goes.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Dasha on March 11, 2013, 07:04:48 PM
Guys is any of you playing the British, German and French city set? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting it but not sure if I should...

I did get it.  But as far as I can tell, you don't get to play any of the actual cities of those countries, instead, all I saw were some structures particular to that country.  Some kind of police station, high speed train station and something else.  Am I missing anything?

swiftus27

There are more in the attraction portion of the city specialization page.

Dasha

So not really worth it then?

Infinity

I don't think so.

I have a huge problem with my Tech-City, I built a Nuclear Power station and hence have incredible need of water, but wherever I build a fully stocked pumping station the water supply diminishes in no time and now I have no water reserves left in my city. What to do?°_°

Dasha

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 12, 2013, 09:35:20 AM
I don't think so.

I have a huge problem with my Tech-City, I built a Nuclear Power station and hence have incredible need of water, but wherever I build a fully stocked pumping station the water supply diminishes in no time and now I have no water reserves left in my city. What to do?°_°

Demolish the nuclear plant and get my power? I got a nuclear power plant as well :) Should be enough to power us both. Also I got alloy if you need...

Got the same problem with water though.. them nuclear power plants are thirsty.

Infinity

Okay, I solved the riddle. Clean water is running out, but I have a never ending supply of dirty water from the Sewage Facility. If the Water Pumping Station is built next to the Sewage Facility, it will recycle that dirty water. You just need to make sure to use these expensive filter pumps.

Dasha

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 12, 2013, 11:28:32 AM
Okay, I solved the riddle. Clean water is running out, but I have a never ending supply of dirty water from the Sewage Facility. If the Water Pumping Station is built next to the Sewage Facility, it will recycle that dirty water. You just need to make sure to use these expensive filter pumps.

I don't have space for that sewage thing. I'm sending it all to you I guess :D

Jona L.

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 12, 2013, 11:28:32 AM

That is good to know, because I'm running low on water myself. Thanks, saftfrucht!!

I have a weird other bug, which I already reported to Origin.... one of my factories dropped ~2 times it's height into the ground LOL (see Screenshot).

Either a bug or due to the Coal mine 2 buildings away ;D

And apparently I don't get rid of my congestion problem which is also visible in the screenshot. Even with the 6-lane motorway it doesn't help :/

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

Infinity

Quote from: Dasha on March 12, 2013, 11:38:43 AM
I don't have space for that sewage thing. I'm sending it all to you I guess :D

I freed up a lot of space yesterday to make space for the Municipal Airport... no idea if it was worth it.

@Jona I got a similar glitch in my city, just the other way around. The building is on some kind of ultra steep hill :P