Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 05, 2013, 11:35:14 AM
can't believe none of you have sent me friend requests yet.

Did you get my friend request on Origin?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Lurkmat

I pre-ordered the disc copy, so I will not get it until March 7.  :(

Aoitsuki

Took the day off.  bite me....

anyone want in????  can't believe none of you have sent me friend requests yet.

i have sent you a request few hours ago :)

Dasha

Quote from: Aoitsuki on March 05, 2013, 10:52:19 AM
first shot at a city took me 2 hours to cover the whole map... a little bit disappointed on some of the features.

Is it the same size as the one in the beta I saw on youtube? And now way to 'expand'?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

all pending requests accepted.

note I was able ot add you in origin but not in sim city... odd

Okay, I was able to join with Peluguin in server US West 1.   We are about to start a region.

schro

Took the day off.  bite me....

anyone want in????  can't believe none of you have sent me friend requests yet.

Friend request sent. I won't have my copy of SC5 until UPS arrives today, and I'm flying out to MMUN in the morning through Monday....

swiftus27

We're learning the ropes... just had my first crash to desktop, though

JumboShrimp

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2013, 08:39:09 AM
Ok, I confess, I just hit F5 on

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/buy

page...  Still pre-order...

Now it says: "Buy Now". 

Ok, later tonight...

swiftus27

careful, if you use an F5 spammer anywhere near here you'll get banished forever.

initialgt

Quote from: Lurkmat on March 05, 2013, 11:51:40 AM
I pre-ordered the disc copy, so I will not get it until March 7.  :(

Same with me.  Hopefully I don't get called out to work tomorrow..  If i'm home i'll be keen to join a game.  Hey swiftus27, how big was the file/patch you had to download?

Dasha

Guys just work at home :D I got my own business and I always 'work' at home. Ideal for AWS new game starts and other things like this :P
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

Infinity

What systems do you run it on? I am on the road a lot and was wondering if it would run on my rather oldish 2008 MacBook (2gigs ram and 2ghz c2duo with nvidia 9400M) via Boot Camp.

swiftus27

I run a 3 monitor Alienware with quad i7s...   I am not the guy to ask.

swiftus27

Here is how it looks... sorry for the pic size...  

yes, actual screen shot of one of my cities...  The game is truly beautiful and I am late for work

JumboShrimp

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 06, 2013, 11:18:00 AM
What systems do you run it on? I am on the road a lot and was wondering if it would run on my rather oldish 2008 MacBook (2gigs ram and 2ghz c2duo with nvidia 9400M) via Boot Camp.

Might work ok.  My system is also quad core I7 desktop, but it does not seem to break a sweat running SC5.

Is it just me or are the individual cities a little smallish?  I ran my first city last night as a learning experience.  I guess the first mistake people will make is in type of roads / spacing / not knowing that some structures can expand (leaving enough space around them).

And no Subway?  That's a disappointment.  Is anybody running the railroad on the ground to the center of the city?  That seems like a lot of wasted space.  Are they going to sell that as an Expansion / DLC?

Also, no raising / lowering ground as far as I can tell...

Another annoying thing was that certain buildings that can be upgraded, it seemed that at some point I had a functionality to bulldoze individual upgrade.  Then later on, the bulldozer seemed to be grayed out.  Is that a but or am I missing something?

Lurkmat

So I got mixed feelings over here.

I found my copy of the game in the mailbox today, which made ​​me as happy as a kid in a toy store :laugh:. When I try to install the game Origin says "This game has not yet been released. You can not install it until the official release date. Why don't you go f**k yourself while we laugh at your misery." That last part could be read in between the lines. Need to wait another eight hours before I can start installing my game. :'(

JumboShrimp

I read somewhere about the release dates.  I think Europe is on the 7th...

Dasha

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 06, 2013, 02:14:01 PM
Might work ok.  My system is also quad core I7 desktop, but it does not seem to break a sweat running SC5.

Is it just me or are the individual cities a little smallish?  I ran my first city last night as a learning experience.  I guess the first mistake people will make is in type of roads / spacing / not knowing that some structures can expand (leaving enough space around them).

And no Subway?  That's a disappointment.  Is anybody running the railroad on the ground to the center of the city?  That seems like a lot of wasted space.  Are they going to sell that as an Expansion / DLC?

Also, no raising / lowering ground as far as I can tell...

Another annoying thing was that certain buildings that can be upgraded, it seemed that at some point I had a functionality to bulldoze individual upgrade.  Then later on, the bulldozer seemed to be grayed out.  Is that a but or am I missing something?

Can you really not make the city bigger than that??? That is a bit... strange at best.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Dasha on March 06, 2013, 03:14:08 PM
Can you really not make the city bigger than that??? That is a bit... strange at best.

You have a region, which you can call Metropolitan Area, and within that, you can have several "cities".  But the individual city size seems to be fixed...