Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

ezzeqiel

Quote from: LemonButt on February 01, 2013, 02:49:00 PMIt sounds like SC5 will be a cross between SC4 and Capitalism 2...another game I'd love to see a sequel to.

There is a kind of sequel (more like an expansion)... CapitalismLab...

http://www.capitalismlab.com/

Sadly, I think SC5 will be closer to SimCitySocieties than SC4... Glassbox looks great, but there's many features that makes me remember Societies =S.. They turned more into micromanagement instead of going to macro city management.

[ATA] - lilius

Quote from: ezzeqiel on February 08, 2013, 07:03:33 AM

Sadly, I think SC5 will be closer to SimCitySocieties than SC4... Glassbox looks great, but there's many features that makes me remember Societies =S.. They turned more into micromanagement instead of going to macro city management.

I think what they learned from Societies was at least what not to do again so Im not worried at all about that.

swiftus27

Societies was an absolute disaster.  I have been trying to convince myself that it was good but it just didn't happen.  I just created evil cities.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: ezzeqiel on February 08, 2013, 07:03:33 AM

I got the CapitalismLab last week.  Nice to go back to one of my favorite games.  The game could definitely use a refresh / new more dynamic economic model.

Re: Sim City 5 pre-order

What is the point of pre-ordering, if I am going to be getting a digital copy anyway?

Infinity

Quote from: JumboShrimp on February 19, 2013, 09:02:05 PM

What is the point of pre-ordering, if I am going to be getting a digital copy anyway?

Giving EA a free loan? :P

JumboShrimp

Quote from: saftfrucht on February 19, 2013, 10:03:58 PM
Giving EA a free loan? :P

That's what I thought...

And additionally, I would have to figure out twice how to log in, to buy and then to download...

swiftus27

Quote from: JumboShrimp on February 20, 2013, 01:06:35 AM
That's what I thought...

And additionally, I would have to figure out twice how to log in, to buy and then to download...

Or just have an Origin client?

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on February 20, 2013, 11:43:17 AM
Or just have an Origin client?

= sell your soul to the Devil
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

schro

Quote from: alexgv1 on February 20, 2013, 01:06:45 PM

As much as Origin sucks, it is required to play SC5.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: alexgv1 on February 20, 2013, 01:06:45 PM

I already sold my soul to Steam.  You mean I have to do it all over again?  :)

swiftus27

TUESDAY APPROACHES!

I will make a region named Sami on Tuesday.  Who is going to join in?   I am Swiftus or Swiftus27 in Origin.  I need to start making you my friends there too.   

Infinity

I want to play D: But I'll be waiting for the mac version. I might have to hire someone to take care of my business because I will most likely not be easily teared away from the game :p

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 01, 2013, 02:58:29 PM
I will make a region named Sami on Tuesday.  Who is going to join in?   I am Swiftus or Swiftus27 in Origin.  I need to start making you my friends there too.   

I'm alexgv1 (funnily enough) on Origin. Add me up (goes to other AWEers as well). Same goes for Steam, I'm under the same name there.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 01, 2013, 02:58:29 PM
TUESDAY APPROACHES!

Wait, you are not skipping MT8 because of SimCity, are you :)

BTW, does it mean you can play cooperatively?  Is that why you are collecting user names?  How about playing competitively, between regions, trying to steal each others Sims?

swiftus27

Gve peace a chance.   Yes the cities in a region work together.   

You own a region (well you actually will own many).   You can build the cities yourself or allow friends to come in and build.    Cities share a lot of stuff...  Resources from one can fuel the economy of another.  Resources are finite and will run out eventually.

Sami

I really hope this is gonna be a good game.. I miss building my "empire"  ;D

This isn't on Steam??

(seems to be ridiculously expensive, €60.. no thanks for now)

JumboShrimp

Quote from: sami on March 01, 2013, 03:50:37 PM

This isn't on Steam??

Apparently not.  Or not yet...

swiftus27

Quote from: sami on March 01, 2013, 03:50:37 PM

This isn't on Steam??

(seems to be ridiculously expensive, €60.. no thanks for now)

Origin only, requires connection and that price may include extras.

Infinity

Nope, 60€ is the normal price for EA games in Europe now. No idea why EA charges 10€ extra but it seems to work.
The price for the special edition is even more expensive.
It's a general trend for companies at least in Germany to just take the USD price tag and switch the currency sign.

Sami

Yea well, 60€ (= ~$80 for yankees) for a single pc game is just too much even for me. :P

€30-€35 I could accept... Well, gotta wait for discounts.