Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

[ATA] Hassel

After 9 years in silence Sim City is finally back with a new Sim City 5 which is expected to be realesed in 2013

my hope is that they learned from the failure of SCS and will make an awsome online game featuring all the best from the originals

More info as well as the official trailer can be found here http://www.simcity.com/en_US

swiftus27

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 11, 2012, 10:17:43 AM
Societies was awful

Yes not a true sim city game, although I did enjoy recreating my 1984-esque authoritarian regime.

Last one I played before that wa number three, so I'm expecting some big improvements and new options.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Sami

[SC] - King Kong

I still play sim city 4. Love it like that with all the extra created stuff with it. I tried societies but that was a true waste of money. I really hope they pick up the old concept. It got so so so so much room to improve and create more options. More stuff to build, more options to micromanage. I wish i was that manager there ;)

swiftus27

Citiesxl is good fun too

[ATA] - lilius

I also still play sim city 4. Connecting big maps becomes an addiction!

knutm1980

As far as I have red, sim5 is about plonking down buildings and not zones. Hope this is not the case. Looks good though, albeit perhaps a bit sim'ish.

swiftus27

Quote from: knutm1980 on April 12, 2012, 11:21:06 PM
As far as I have red, sim5 is about plonking down buildings and not zones. Hope this is not the case. Looks good though, albeit perhaps a bit sim'ish.

It is more about the buildings....  there are many articles on IGN.com already with videos...  For instance, a factory starts its day looking for employees... the employees show up and make goods .... goods are transported to commerce....

It is going to be much more about micromanaging the economy than it will be about building massive cities.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 12, 2012, 11:43:50 PM
It is more about the buildings....  there are many articles on IGN.com already with videos...  For instance, a factory starts its day looking for employees... the employees show up and make goods .... goods are transported to commerce....

It is going to be much more about micromanaging the economy than it will be about building massive cities.

Sounds like fun.  Hopefully, the transportation part of the sim will be good.

[ATA] Hassel

it will also be a multi player game so you can build region with your friends etc. They are talking about how you decission you make will influence the other cities around you. For example if you a running a dirty pulluting undustrial city pulluting the water, the water pollution can get so bad that it will affect the neighboring city and the sims can get sick....

There should also be resource like coal and oil which is required for production/energy for the cities

[ATA] - lilius

Just a bit more than a month to go before the release! Who else is waiting?

swiftus27

Im prepaid for the version that includes the bonus crap...  can't wait.

alexgv1

Quote from: [SC] - lilius on January 31, 2013, 02:59:47 PM
Just a bit more than a month to go before the release! Who else is waiting?

At that price.... not me  ???

[ATA] - lilius

Quote from: alexgv1 on January 31, 2013, 11:36:54 PM
At that price.... not me  ???

It costs 500 mexican pesos here. Its really not that much!

Talentz

Funny as the other day I was thinking of firing up SC2k for some retro city building....  ahh... that classic BGM!

Sim City 5 Looks good. Might just pick it up myself.

Talentz

alexgv1

Quote from: [SC] - lilius on February 01, 2013, 01:26:11 AM
It costs 500 mexican pesos here. Its really not that much!

I hate how EA decided at some point it was okay to charge over £50 for a game (another example FIFA 13)....

It does look amazing but I'll wait until there is a sale.

(Save a spot for me in your region :) )

swiftus27

Quote from: alexgv1 on February 01, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
I hate how EA decided at some point it was okay to charge over £50 for a game (another example FIFA 13)....

It does look amazing but I'll wait until there is a sale.

(Save a spot for me in your region :) )

Im sure Ill have more than one region....  

The problem with you fools is that you all will want to make the airport hub.

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on February 01, 2013, 12:25:02 PM
Im sure Ill have more than one region....  

The problem with you fools is that you all will want to make the airport hub.

I was going to suggest making an AWS region in April when it comes out. But that has hit the nail exactly on the head as to why it wont work!

[ATA] - lilius

:laugh:

I promise Ill just do feeder traffic if anyone wants to join