Sim City 5

Started by [ATA] Hassel, April 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

swiftus27

Quote from: sami on March 01, 2013, 05:30:03 PM
Yea well, 60€ (= ~$80 for yankees) for a single pc game is just too much even for me. :P

€30-€35 I could accept... Well, gotta wait for discounts.

Sami, we all know how many creds you're making.  You know you want it

JumboShrimp

If you don't rush to buy stuff on the first day, you can get it much cheaper later.  I got kind of an interesting game called "Fallen Enchantress" for something like $15 on Steam...
I haven't really played it much, maybe an hour, but it looks interesting...

http://www.elementalgame.com/fallen-enchantress

Infinity

Well it's a pretty strenuous task to ignore such a game after having let all the marketing run through your brain, and that's a marketing professional talking :P

Anyway, will the game have a global economy or will it have continental divisions such as WoW does?

alexgv1

Quote from: sami on March 01, 2013, 05:30:03 PM
Yea well, 60€ (= ~$80 for yankees) for a single pc game is just too much even for me. :P

€30-€35 I could accept... Well, gotta wait for discounts.

+1 don't buy EA games at full price in protest. Btw it's £35 on amazon UK which is acceptable to me tho
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Sami

Quote from: alexgv1 on March 01, 2013, 10:29:19 PM
Btw it's £35 on amazon UK which is acceptable to me tho

Sold!

Dasha

I like Simcity 4 and CitiesXL...

As for Simcity5... I have ordered it and will play it but as mentioned before it looks a bit too simmish...I have full confidence in Maxis for making a good sequel to Simcity4, it's EA I doubt. They don't care about a 'small group of die hard city builder fans', they care about selling games. Biggest mistake was Societies but I fear they made the same error with SimCity 5. Too much pointless details...

We'll see though...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

Cities XL was so full of holes and bugs that I am ashamed that I bought it twice.   Now they re-released 2012, changed the name to Platinum and added only a handful of buildings.   Monte Cristo died in 2010 and Focus Interactive isn't patching the sim.   SUX!    

Infinity

Quote from: alexgv1 on March 01, 2013, 10:29:19 PM
+1 don't buy EA games at full price in protest. Btw it's £35 on amazon UK which is acceptable to me tho

This is so ridiculous. I just checked, if I buy it at amazon.uk and have it sent to Germany I pay 50€, if I buy it at amazon.de I pay 60. Makes me kind of mad.

swiftus27

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 02, 2013, 01:50:12 PM
This is so ridiculous. I just checked, if I buy it at amazon.uk and have it sent to Germany I pay 50€, if I buy it at amazon.de I pay 60. Makes me kind of mad.

Storm the Reichstag? 

Sami

(Delivery from amazon.co.uk was free btw, for me at least - so €40, not 50)

brique

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 02, 2013, 01:50:12 PM

probably because the Germans make Amazon pay taxes, unlike the Brits who are terrified that if they upset Amazon by demanding they do pay taxes, they will go away and britland will lose all that tax revenue... um... yeah, something like that...

swiftus27

Quote from: sami on March 02, 2013, 02:21:31 PM

You all will still need Origin accounts to run it.   We have to make a region and post it here.   I'd love to run it if it is possible.  

I am Swiftus27 in Origin as well.   Not too many people know that movie and I am sure even fewer wear my hockey number.

Infinity

Quote from: sami on March 02, 2013, 02:21:31 PM

Another proof of how Germans are being shafted.

Quote from: brique on March 02, 2013, 03:01:23 PM
probably because the Germans make Amazon pay taxes, unlike the Brits who are terrified that if they upset Amazon by demanding they do pay taxes, they will go away and britland will lose all that tax revenue... um... yeah, something like that...

Nope, this is purely due to EAs pricing policy. What makes the story even more ridiculous is the fact that the UK has a higher VAT rate than Germany.

swiftus27

Quote from: saftfrucht on March 02, 2013, 04:07:55 PM

Someone has to pay for all the nations Germany keeps bailing out.

brique

Nope, this is purely due to EAs pricing policy. What makes the story even more ridiculous is the fact that the UK has a higher VAT rate than Germany.

Apparently, Amazon avoids paying UK VAT  too, seems all sales get channelled through a Luxembourg-based server, so, magically, nothing is actually sold in the UK, even though its physically warehoused, sorted, and despatched within the UK. The idea is, all that is just 'fulfillment' of an order made and paid for in Luxembourg so therefore only liable to Lux taxes... go figure...

JumboShrimp

How about buying a digital copy online, pay with credit card, paying US dollar price?

I guess they can stop you when you specify your address....

BTW, I have a US address credit card for my sister who lives in Europe, and she makes her purchases on stuff that's internationally restricted on that card.  Her main reason for getting it was some kind of scheme how Apple was screwing European customers (on price and availability of certain content).

Dasha

Or just compensate by illegally downloading other games from EA? Like Sims or NFS or whatever? (Not that I'm doing that of course  ;) )

But I think a region for AWS would be nice. Shame Maxis decided to make the airports a set size. I liked it that in the early Simcity you could zone your airport and have the airport half the map size :D
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

Quote from: Dasha on March 03, 2013, 09:45:57 AM
Or just compensate by illegally downloading other games from EA? Like Sims or NFS or whatever? (Not that I'm doing that of course  ;) )

But I think a region for AWS would be nice. Shame Maxis decided to make the airports a set size. I liked it that in the early Simcity you could zone your airport and have the airport half the map size :D

Game requires a connection to Origin so downloading will be difficult.
Airports aren't actually built in your cities.  They are built in the region.    Cities come together and get resources to spend on it.   Regions have room for 'great works' like the airport or other large scale items.

Infinity

I think you can build an own municipal airport in your city that looks quite unrealistic and then a more realistic international airport as one of those 'great works', where you can also build one of those cool Arcologies I used to flood my map with in SC2000.

Sami

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 02, 2013, 03:02:13 PM
You all will still need Origin accounts to run it.   We have to make a region and post it here.   I'd love to run it if it is possible.  

Yea, does not really matter as I saved 20 bucks  ;)

May get it a few days later though as they gotta mail it...