New feature: Game Mentors

Started by Sami, March 23, 2012, 09:14:33 PM

Sami

How's the mentoring working out now when the initial rush and boom of first days has passed?

swiftus27

One addition:  make it easier for player to select mentor and not the other way around.  Perhaps we can volunteer and they choose us instead

Not being able to view new aircraft is tough sometimes when a mentee requests ideas for their fleet.

Jona L.

Quote from: sami on April 07, 2012, 01:10:19 PM
How's the mentoring working out now when the initial rush and boom of first days has passed?

Haven't yet been fast enough to catch a request... most times the link expired, because someone already took mentorship.

I appreciate swiftus' idea, because a player already came forward to me asking if I would mentor him, but apparently filed the request when I was unable to accept it...

cheers,
Jona L.

swiftus27

HUGE issue:

It appears that I can cancel a mentee's fuel contract.  That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

RushmoreAir

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 07, 2012, 02:47:25 PM
Not being able to view new aircraft is tough sometimes when a mentee requests ideas for their fleet.

This has been a problem for me as well.  Could you allow mentors access to all the new aircraft, but just not let mentors actually place an order?

swiftus27

something to add:  Should I be able to see how many credits my mentee has left?

schro

I feel like I have struggled in explaining the topics within a PM and that I could do a better job if I was able to allow view only access to one of my running airlines so my mentee could see examples of how I do things.

RibeiroR

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 09, 2012, 03:22:52 PM
something to add:  Should I be able to see how many credits my mentee has left?

lol... its easier to ask for it (i think)

schro

Would it be easy to maintain the Mentor/Mentee relationship through bankruptcy and restart?  Seems like it would be convinient as an option...

Kiersten

I send a request for mentorship a couple days ago, but haven't have a taker yet.
So I'm wondering if anybody is interested in mentoring me :)

schro

Quote from: Kiersten on April 15, 2012, 04:05:08 PM
I send a request for mentorship a couple days ago, but haven't have a taker yet.
So I'm wondering if anybody is interested in mentoring me :)

I'll pick you up on Tuesday when I get home and have time if someone hasn't by then. Its hard to mentor on the road with a tablet

swiftus27

I'm on my iPad and was going to say the same thing.   Remember, we can only mentor one person per game.  And that's only in games we are not playing in.

cab

Quote from: sami on April 07, 2012, 01:10:19 PM

Having mentored a couple of ppl so far, I would agree that it would be really useful to be able to show mentee my airline(s). Also, to be able to see the used markets in the mentee's world so can talk thru scenarios. Any plans to make changes. Is this still the best thread to post comments or is there another one?

alexgv1

Quote from: cab on April 16, 2012, 07:49:09 PM
Having mentored a couple of ppl so far, I would agree that it would be really useful to be able to show mentee my airline(s). Also, to be able to see the used markets in the mentee's world so can talk thru scenarios. Any plans to make changes. Is this still the best thread to post comments or is there another one?

Quote from: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Mentor/
Any experienced AirwaySim user can apply to be a Mentor. The basic requirements for this position are checked automatically by the system, and are as follows:

• Must have been member of AirwaySim for at least 5 months.
  • and must have had recent play activity within last 4 months (at least 10 Credit billing activities).
  • and at least 100 forum posts.
  • OR the member can be manually appointed to the Mentor group by administration.
  • Mentor is also required to have good skills in written English to be able to communicate with the player.
Administration may deviate from these requirements and deny applications of mentorship if deemed necessary. However the general guideline is that Mentor position is recommended only for the most experienced players who are willing to spend time in helping others and teaching the newcomers.
If you would like to be a Mentor and you do not fulfill these requirements you may contact the administration for manual review.
Mentor must know the rules of mentoring (see chapter Rules) and also read the last chapter of this manual for instructions on how to apply and manage your Mentor profile.

Is it a bug that you became a mentor with 3 posts or were you one of these exceptions?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

swiftus27

Does one must qualify on all of those?

swiftus27

Just realized I'm nearing 4000 posts.... I'm pathetic

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 16, 2012, 11:50:31 PM
Just realized I'm nearing 4000 posts.... I'm pathetic

LOL, I am not far behind....

swiftus27

Quote from: JumboShrimp on April 17, 2012, 12:22:40 AM
LOL, I am not far behind....

and you started a year plus after me... you should be ashamed.

digifreak

Hello... normally does it take a long time for a mentor request to be accepted?

swiftus27

Depends on the number of free mentors not in that game, available to mentor, and not mentoring someone else