Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Profit  (Read 1041 times)

pa425804

• Former member
Route Profit
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »
I know that I should keep my planes flying as much as I can, and I've read from somewhere in this forum (possibly from the newb guidlines) that even if I can schedule short flights to fill the gaps while making profit, I should go for it.  But I'm wondering if the profit is what I would get at the end (i.e. after deducting all the costs, e.g. fuel, staff, nav fee, etc)?  As this would affect my decision whether to open a new destination just to fill the gaps.

fatalsw1tch

• Former member
Re: Route Profit
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »
Personally I wouldn't go for it. How are your flight turn around times?

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 11:11:23 AM »
Going from my own, admittedly limited, experience : if a 'fill-in' route utilises an other-wise unused a/c, and shows a profit, then fly it. The route 'profit' amount appears to cover the income minus the actual costs of the flight : so any '$green$' is going to cover your overheads which you have to pay anyway.

I have a fairly competitive route, which due to their size and frequency and my consequent lower LF is not economic for a designated a/c, it now has a good RI from an early single route on it, which I am slowly filling up with such 'fill-ins' on the basis that any profit is on top of what the a/c is earning on its 'prime' route/s: a quick look and I can see one such fill-in is adding $80-90k a week : looked at another way, that can be a massive contribution towards, if not covering, the weekly lease fee.

Another major contributor to route profits has been adding some business class seats : I added 10 Std-C to my original B732 fleet, keeping the default number of HD-Y's and saw them earn back the cost countless times over : averaging an  additional 13-15% extra per flight over the fleet. There is a small range penalty but tbh, it doesnt seem to have  been that important when you rarely hit the range limit anyway.

good luck :)

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
Though you look at your planes and they show green, route fees, nav fees etc are shown in detail on each planes page which is not the same as you see in the overall overview.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »
Though you look at your planes and they show green, route fees, nav fees etc are shown in detail on each planes page which is not the same as you see in the overall overview.

There seem to be several places with differing data : but if you go to the 'manage routes' tab then click on the specific route number in the first column : you'll get a '7-day average' breakdown of income/costs for that flight itself, excluding overall fixed costs like maint, leases, etc : That's what I use as a profitability guide for these 'fill-in' flights, cos those fixed costs are there whether it flys or not.

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:37:13 AM »
There seem to be several places with differing data : but if you go to the 'manage routes' tab then click on the specific route number in the first column : you'll get a '7-day average' breakdown of income/costs for that flight itself, excluding overall fixed costs like maint, leases, etc : That's what I use as a profitability guide for these 'fill-in' flights, cos those fixed costs are there whether it flys or not.

ditto..but if you then go on the plane assigned to the route..the figure might all of a sudden show red. Micromanagement beyond my care..  :laugh:

aland

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
You should fly fill-in flights because as brique said the maintenance costs, leases etc. are the same anyway just make shure each individual route you add makes a profit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:47:53 PM by aland »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.