Used Aircraft Market

Started by Monk Xion, January 15, 2009, 03:09:36 PM

Monk Xion

Sami, are you going to pump more used ac into the market?

I think we need more MD , Boeing, and Airbus ac.

There has been a lot of airlines that have gone bankrupt because of the lack of used ac.

Just my 2 cents

Rk
CEO Bluesky Group

jmi

User market is updated weekly. So there is coming new planed to used planes market all the time.

But perhaps it might be idea to adjust little bit how much there is used planes on market. This is up to Sami.

But, if your airline goes bankrupt because lack of plane, then you have other problems too...

- J

Sami

How can one go bankrupt because lack of planes?  :P  isn't it usually the other way around.

Monk Xion

Quote from: sami on January 15, 2009, 03:52:22 PM
How can one go bankrupt because lack of planes?  :P  isn't it usually the other way around.

I'm just saying. Lol.

Sorry this -20 degree Chicago weather is messing with my mind..

At least Im getting rid of my Mercures.

When you mean that the used ac market updates weekly, do you mean every Sunday of at random times during the week?

Dazwalsh

i think its great how it is, if there is too many people will go wild, and the big airlines will just snatch them all up.

Talentz

Quotei think its great how it is, if there is too many people will go wild, and the big airlines will just snatch them all up.

Hey.. I dont run wil... er..   ???

Id like some more 743s tyvm.

7 M to burn and cant find a good one. -_-"

To users of the 747-300: I wont mind if you go belly up  ;)

Talentz

Dazwalsh

no i meant like the big airlines (they probably do this already) sit until they know the aircraft are on the market then snatch up everything, at least this way those big airlines are not getting access to leased planes in such big numbers so the growth is stumped until they order new which is what i have had to do recently.

guranteed anytime a 737/a320/757 comes on the market they will be gone within 5 minutes

ryanhami

What Day Are The Used AC Put Into The Used Aircraft market?

A.Horvik

thats a secret that will be kept :) just check up regularly.

Dazwalsh

i think thats also a thing thats going to have be changed every once in a while so we arent just sat there all on the same game day pushing F5 and fighting over new metal haha

JJP

Quote from: sami on January 15, 2009, 03:52:22 PM
How can one go bankrupt because lack of planes? 

By having no good/decent aircraft to choose from.  If all the aircraft are old, worn out planes with overdue A,B,C checks, they're useless to an airline.  For example, I have only one aircraft.  I have not leased another because there simply have not been any decent medium jet aircraft.  I check regularly.  Having only one aircraft means that when my C check comes up, I'm out all the income it would generate.  If I did not have a lot of cash on hand, I could go bankrupt.

Sami

that's true .. if you got only 1 plane.

jagalubnan

Quote from: Dazwalsh on January 15, 2009, 06:46:50 PM
i think thats also a thing thats going to have be changed every once in a while so we arent just sat there all on the same game day pushing F5 and fighting over new metal haha

LOL guilty  :-[

deepblue501

sami, this is true, i just started on sim#2 and there's absolutely no aircraft to choose from. Only old planes, no 737, md80, a320 etc. only worn out under 70%, useless old models, or widebody aircraft that nobody can afford to start with.

Sami, this is a SERIOUS problem, this way it is impossible to start in the game environment unless you're one of the first to sign up for the game. If you are number 150 in line, you have no chance whatsoever.

PLEASE sami, add aircraft to the used plane pool. New aircraft is also not the solution because it takes at least 6 months to have the planes delivered.

I'm urging you to take a look at this, because if this is the way to start up an airline in the game, i'm telling you, you will quickly loose players.

Sami

The planes are generated once a week (and every 6hrs during the first 24hr delayed turn), depending on how many players there are in the game and how many planes already on the used list being offered by other players.

But of course the best ones are bought fastest, there is no quick or easy 'fix' for that, other than supplying more of these "good/new" planes to the used market which isn't the idea (as they are then just bought up the other players as well, I'd suppose). The used market is aimed to be used for the startup phases and eventually airlines should and will be moving to making orders from the manufacturers for new planes (when they are more wealthy).

deepblue501

sami, sorry but i do not agree with you on this one. I just started my first paid game all eager. I choose my base hub for over an hour to make the right choice, i get all excited. I pick the routes i want to fly, and then i go to the used aircraft market...and what do i see? I CAN"T START the game. Because there is NO viable plane available. None. I can't start with a hawker sideley 748, it is economically not viable, besides they are all under 60% almost. I can't start with a 747, because i will not be able to generate enough money to pay back the lease.

Which options are left? New aircraft? Great, I need to wait until december. That means 5 months, that means a few days. How's that for motivation to play the game? Until that time i have no money left, because i ofcourse have people employed from the start and they drain resources.

And how with fleet commonality if new airlines can only get one aircraft of a certain type and you have to wait hours and hours for another one of this type to appear??? And if you're not lucky someone else just snatches that one up before you? What do you do? You end up with a random mixture of planes, just to get your airline going.

I don't agree with your argument that somebody else will buy it. Even large airlines have credit constraints, they can't just keep buying all the time. I'm not talking about hundreds of planes, but i'm talking about more choice, especially for startups. Besides every 6 hrs of aircraft generation only the first 24hr is too few. There's many players that join the game a few days after it started, how about them??

Because the way it is going right now leads to everybody filing for bankruptcy after a certain time, simply because of a lack of aircraft!!! How;s that possible???

Once again pls have a look at this. Maybe you could give each starting airline a plane of their choice as a start?

Sami

Quote from: sami on January 15, 2009, 10:10:45 PM
The planes are generated once a week

Did you read this too? ...NOT just in the first 24hrs, they are made every ~3hrs (7x25min) when the game time is running.

The system also has a preference rating so it is more likely to generate 'popular' planes like 737 and md80 than for example a Dassault Mercure or Concorde (in relation to which are the most produced planes in reality, so that we don't have 50 concordes there).

But the actual number of generated planes and list rotation (ie. if a plane is not sold in a decent time, it's removed) may need to be higher, although (like said) it already takes into account the num of players.

Monk Xion

Quote from: sami on January 15, 2009, 10:40:59 PM
Did you read this too? ...NOT just in the first 24hrs, they are made every ~3hrs (7x25min) when the game time is running.

The system also has a preference rating so it is more likely to generate 'popular' planes like 737 and md80 than for example a Dassault Mercure or Concorde (in relation to which are the most produced planes in reality, so that we don't have 50 concordes there).

But the actual number of generated planes and list rotation (ie. if a plane is not sold in a decent time, it's removed) may need to be higher, although (like said) it already takes into account the num of players.

ah it make sence.

Btw ,2 NEW A320s on the Used market! get them while they last!

Sami

I've made the changes that the used aircraft generation DAY in the game is now random(ish) instead of a fixed day in the week (still not telling what it was as the update is not live yet  ;) )

And also increased the used ac list rotation. It now removes the unsold planes faster, and thus should make more new planes on every rotation (that update is live).

JJP

Thank you very much, Sami.

Another option you may wish to consider is allowing all new startups (maybe first 2 planes . . . although 1st plane only may be ok too) to have a sort of "pick of the litter" used plane list from which to select.  This list would not be open to the general public, as I agree with your idea to push already operating airlines to move on to new aircraft. 

However, I would say that the first phases of the game are very difficult without good aircraft with which to expand.  It would be nice to at least allow a new airline to purchase aircraft #2 from the select list as well.

Thank you very much for being so responsive to player feedback and requests.  That is truly outstanding.  Thanks.  8)