Why not fix this before allowing 2nd tech-stop?

Started by vitongwangki, March 04, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

vitongwangki

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 04, 2012, 05:13:53 PM
I made a suggestion here:
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,38007.0.html
about how to reduce the benefit of frequency.

If someting like that was implemented, it would not mean that nobody would fly a tech stop route, but if the frequency benefit is reduced, other variables (such as quicker flight by 777 vs. A321 with a tech stop) would become more significant.

Well, no right or wrong in doing anything including abusing the game algorithm. Back to the time of MT5, same old story, tech-stop expert, need me teach you how to fly direct flight?  ;) We are in the same airport that I think I can teach you without problem.  :laugh: If everyone, including you, stop tech-stopping small planes to win frequency on long routes, I think the problem has been solved and Sami can focus on his work on other important issue like city-based demand and connecting flight. (Wow, a naive hope which will not happen, at least on you)

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 02:50:16 AM
Well, no right or wrong in doing anything including abusing the game algorithm. Back to the time of MT5, same old story, tech-stop expert, need me teach you how to fly direct flight?  ;) We are in the same airport that I think I can teach you without problem.  :laugh: If everyone, including you, stop tech-stopping small planes to win frequency on long routes, I think the problem has been solved and Sami can focus on his work on other important issue like city-based demand and connecting flight. (Wow, a naive hope which will not happen, at least on you)

This started as a civilized debate about a feature and, of course, as soon as someone offers an opposing opinion and backs it up you revert to "belittling" other players. Different game world, same old Vito...
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

vitongwangki

Quote from: jetwestinc on March 05, 2012, 03:31:52 AM
This started as a civilized debate about a feature and, of course, as soon as someone offers an opposing opinion and backs it up you revert to "belittling" other players. Different game world, same old Vito...
Well, I am really appreciated the work done by Jumboshrimp which those suggestions are nice and feasible. Well, as you can see most feature request post are started by him  :o. But on the other hand, he is still the one who abuse the game algorithm heavily. I am guessing the account is played by not only one people ;)

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 03:37:00 AM
I am guessing the account is played by not only one people ;)

I am 100% sure you are wrong.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

JumboShrimp

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 03:37:00 AM
I am guessing the account is played by not only one people ;)

Ok Vito, so you finally found out.  We have a dedicated team of players in 3 different time zones, manning the account 24 hours a day.  We also have a "Feature request" guy, and a guy who runs the alliance.  You are outnumbered, so you may just as well give up.  I will assign somebody on our team to find you a suitable airport to relocate, if you need help.   ;)

Maybe I will reassign my "Feature Request" guy to take a break (to give Sami a break) and find you some island nation with no competition.

Team Jumbo Shrimp

vitongwangki

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2012, 06:21:49 AM
Ok Vito, so you finally found out.  We have a dedicated team of players in 3 different time zones, manning the account 24 hours a day.  We also have a "Feature request" guy, and a guy who runs the alliance.  You are outnumbered, so you may just as well give up.  I will assign somebody on our team to find you a suitable airport to relocate, if you need help.   ;)

Maybe I will reassign my "Feature Request" guy to take a break (to give Sami a break) and find you some island nation with no competition.

Team Jumbo Shrimp
BK me if you can. (Will it be a shame that cannot BK others with a whole team's work force?)
JumboShrimp, enjoy the game. Don't feel stressed if you can't BK me at the end. ;)

JumboShrimp

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 06:23:52 AM
BK me if you can. (Will it be a shame that cannot BK others with a whole team's work force?)
JumboShrimp, enjoy the game. Don't feel stressed if you can't BK me at the end. ;)

Yes we will, just give us some time.  We got rid of the guy who missed the starting hour of MT6, and then leased a 763...  We only have the top players left.  In fact, one of the members of our team is an ex player of CSKA Moskva, and the Большая Красная Машина  (Big Red Machine).  His team play provides the inspiration and strategy for Team Jumbo Shrimp.  We aspire to be the Big Red Machine of AWS.

Team Jumbo Shrimp

vitongwangki

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2012, 06:42:06 AM
Yes we will, just give us some time.  We got rid of the guy who missed the starting hour of MT6, and then leased a 763...  We only have the top players left.  In fact, one of the members of our team is an ex player of CSKA Moskva, and the Большая Красная Машина  (Big Red Machine).  His team play provides the inspiration and strategy for Team Jumbo Shrimp.  We aspire to be the Big Red Machine of AWS.

Team Jumbo Shrimp
lol, but honestly the game built like this we can't really BK each other unless one of us make big mistakes. I think in your "team" will make no more mistakes in the future. :D

JumboShrimp

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 06:55:49 AM
lol, but honestly the game built like this we can't really BK each other unless one of us make big mistakes. I think in your "team" will make no more mistakes in the future. :D

Mistakes happen, but like the Big Red Machine, we will grind you down eventually.  You were 4x of our size at one point, and now you are gasping for air.  What happened?  Well, the Big Red Machine happened...  It is only going to get harder, which is why we suggested that you look for a nice airport, where you can start over, and have some fun.

vitongwangki

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2012, 07:12:23 AM
Mistakes happen, but like the Big Red Machine, we will grind you down eventually.  You were 4x of our size at one point, and now you are gasping for air.  What happened?  Well, the Big Red Machine happened...  It is only going to get harder, which is why we suggested that you look for a nice airport, where you can start over, and have some fun.
Win me in company value too, before the end of game ;)

JumboShrimp

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 07:20:39 AM
Win me in company value too, before the end of game ;)

Your end of the game or ours?  ;)

vitongwangki

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2012, 07:41:33 AM
Your end of the game or ours?  ;)
Of course the end of MT6. Hope you don't end your game before me  :laugh:

ACfly

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 04, 2012, 08:15:49 PM
I think you had a chance to be gentlemanly, and not buy up all the slots at FRA with small aircraft, but did not take that chance  ;)

FRA is great for ATR within flights to Europe. Perfectly normal and not slot hogging.. nothing ungentleman like about that... You may want to check with your fellow collegue in CDG and MAD on this same train of thought.... Tech stop, however.....

Balls are  in your court on this one...  ;)

vitongwangki

Quote from: ACfly on March 05, 2012, 07:50:34 AM
FRA is great for ATR within flights to Europe. Perfectly normal and not slot hogging.. nothing ungentleman like about that... Tech stop, however.....

Balls are  in your court on this one...  ;)
If Herman can learn from peanutoil, running no props in CDG, then the ball will be in our court indeed.  :laugh:

ACfly

Quote from: vitongwangki on March 05, 2012, 07:53:01 AM
If Herman can learn from peanutoil, running no props in CDG, then the ball will be in our court indeed.  :laugh:

Ahem to that!

vitongwangki

Quote from: ACfly on March 05, 2012, 07:57:15 AM
Ahem to that!
But well someone in his alliance dump more than hundred props at once, what a move indeed.  ::)

ACfly

I am prepared to dump my ATR and have no Technical stops across the pond.... if you and your team do likewise for Europe..

Are u up for it?

Gentleman agreement?

Genuine offer...

JumboShrimp

Quote from: ACfly on March 05, 2012, 08:02:37 AM
I am prepared to dump my ATR and have no Technical stops across the pond.... if you and your team do likewise for Europe..

Are u up for it?

Gentleman agreement?

Genuine offer...

I see, when they outlived their usefulness...  How generous..

ACfly

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2012, 08:12:03 AM
I see, when they outlived their usefulness...  How generous..

I guess that's a no?  :( how ungentlemanlike

Genuine offer shot down .. I did try though

ACfly

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2012, 08:12:03 AM
I see, when they outlived their usefulness...  How generous..

... and they have not outlived their usefulness at all... Just trying to see if we're both gentleman.. and willing to play by higher standards.