Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] be able to put a route on hold and take it off the schedule  (Read 334 times)

deepblue501

• Former member
[-] be able to put a route on hold and take it off the schedule
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »
say for instance one of your planes has to do a C-check. But this plane is flying your best routes and you have no other plane to replace for the time being - it would be great if you could just use another plane for the total schedule of the one going through the C-check. Right now this is not possible because you can only move a schedule when the second plane has a completely empty schedule. Well, it doesn't because it is flying other routes. But i/o of having to cancel all of that planes routes in order to have it replace the plane undergoing a C-check, would it pls be possible to PUT routes on HOLD and clear them off the schedule so you can use the second plane to replace the plane undergoing C-check and not having to cancel all the routes that you carefully built up of the second plane. Just for 2-4 weeks, until the first plane has done its C-check and then you should be able to put back the second's plane initial routes to its schedule.

Is that possible? sorry that it took me so long to explain, i hope you got the point... :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:00:34 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: be able to put a route on hold and take it off the schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Taking the routes off the schedule of the another plane and then copying/moving the schedule from the another plane is the same thing what you basically suggested ... Taking the routes out of the schedule do not 'cancel' them or there is no penalty, they are just not flown.

So I don't really see any new 'feature' here.

deepblue501

• Former member
Re: [-] be able to put a route on hold and take it off the schedule
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
hi sami,

oh ok, sorry i didn't know there was an option like that, because the icons next to scheduling only talk about adding routes. It's only below the schedule that you can actually choose an option 'remove route from schedule' and i hadn't seen that before you answered to my request. Sorry, so it is possible. Thanks. My request would then be (but this is very very minor) to change the pop up for the icon into add/remove route i/o only add route, as this may be confusing.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: [-] be able to put a route on hold and take it off the schedule
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »
Just use the 'clear schedule' icon and then 'move schedule' icon. Much faster.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.