Early C-check?

Started by RGX, January 08, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

RGX

I'm fairly new to the new game with a fleet of 8 737-300's.  Three of my planes are due for C-checks in the same month. I knew this was going to be a problem when I got the planes, but there wasn't much available at the time.

Should I send one of them in for the C-check a few weeks early into the previous month to spread the costs and loss of income?  Or should I suck it up and know that money is going to be real tight for a little with nearly a third of my fleet out of service for maintenance?

schumi

i would make it early. just make sure that you don't have any other planes in this situation in this time.
What you can also do (if you can afford it) is get another 737 from the used market.
Get one of your 737 in c-check and move the routes to your newly leased AC. then move them back again. do the same with the next 737 and then the third (if timing is ok).
after you finished with your c checks just get routes for your new 737 from the used market.

but this is just my opinion!

kyearmour

Quote from: schumi on January 08, 2012, 10:51:44 PM
i would make it early. just make sure that you don't have any other planes in this situation in this time.
What you can also do (if you can afford it) is get another 737 from the used market.
Get one of your 737 in c-check and move the routes to your newly leased AC. then move them back again. do the same with the next 737 and then the third (if timing is ok).
after you finished with your c checks just get routes for your new 737 from the used market.

but this is just my opinion!

Good Advice!  :)

RGX

Thanks for the advice.  It worked perfectly.