Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] How many hours an aircraft fly in a day  (Read 992 times)

Miikoyan

• Former member
[-] How many hours an aircraft fly in a day
« on: August 08, 2007, 03:20:11 AM »
i just came over from another online airline sims because that game had too many players.  Anyways, I think that there should be a limit to how many hours an aircraft can fly in a day.  If you look at airline schedules and airports landings and takeoffs, there rarely is any aircraft touching or taking off around 11:00pm to 2-3:00am.  In order to make this game as realistic as possible, I think that should be considered into factors.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:35:13 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: How many hours an aircraft fly in a day
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:46:59 AM »
This game is different from other airline games as here the aircraft will be assigned to a weekly schedule where you can see by the day & hour where the aircraft is. You must also assign maintenance and things for it.

So it's not just that "plane is flying these and these routes for 22 hours a day", but in this game it is "plane departs on 07.30 every monday to flight to London and returns from there at 16.30, and at 17.00 it departs to xxxx" etc. Airport slots will be also modeled so that too many planes cannot land / depart at the same time if airport capacity does not permit.

And also it is usually not economical to fly at night time here, as passenger demand is affected by the flight departure time - among many other things. 

Here's a picture of the schedule view of my Airbus fleet in one game (blue being flights and red/gray maintenance):

[attachment deleted by admin]

Miikoyan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »
ohhh....... :o

this game will rock once its open!

blumage

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »
well i dont really agree with the statement that there are no flight that depart at around 11p to 2am. A good example can be taken from cathay pacific former world's best airline 2006 according to skytrax, has its flights to europe and australia at those times. Its very convenient because the passenger can arrive early in the morning on its destination after a night rest on the flight. its very convenient. and I personally tried those times and im very satisfied. This hours apply for flight from asia to europe or asia to australia. meanwhile flights from europe depart in the afternoon in order to arrive in asia in the morning. Think about the bussinesmen who flyout to hong kong who can avail of the night rest and be ready for their meetings.

jnbedros

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »
Yes, I agree with Blumage.
Another example is Zurich AIrport. Almost every widebodies depart on 12:00 to 14:00.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.