Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Maintenance Advice - Please  (Read 410 times)

Offline Karl

• Members
Maintenance Advice - Please
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:55:46 AM »
I have participated in another online airline business simulation, and I understand that to be successful an airline operator must learn and understand the quirks of the program being used.  However, I always have the problem with realism versus making simulation money.

Do you substitute aircraft that are in C & D checks, or do you ignore them and let their routes remain idle for the 2 or 4 week period?  :-\

Finding substitute aircraft is a challenge and costly, and it is time consuming to keep track of what is happening to a big fleet - not to mention the time and energy it takes to move schedules.

On the other hand, what kind of credible airline (even in a simulation) routinely takes aircraft out of service leaving passengers with no transportation?   :o

Advice, please.

forsberc

• Former member
Re: Maintenance Advice - Please
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »
unless you have hours to kill, don't worry about the C checks. Your aircraft will be done with them before you know it.

The D checks are longer, but depending on the aircraft, my answer will change. For small-large aircraft, I don't move/swap schedules. However, when using Very large Aircraft, and the D checks are in 120 day range, I would consider it. Honestly, I depends on how large my fleet is and if those routes aren't very contested, I wouldn't worry about it then either. I'm rather lazy when it comes to that. By not swapping, sure profits will drop a little, but for the time savings, I deem it ok.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.