Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 300 aircraft on order?!  (Read 846 times)

Offline Karl

• Members
300 aircraft on order?!
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
How, in this game, does one get big enough to order more than 300 aircraft?   ???

I can barely make a go of it with 33 leased aircraft!  I see that some airlines have hundreds of new aircraft on order.  How do these get paid for?  ???

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: 300 aircraft on order?!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »
How, in this game, does one get big enough to order more than 300 aircraft?   ???

I can barely make a go of it with 33 leased aircraft!  I see that some airlines have hundreds of new aircraft on order.  How do these get paid for?  ???

Beginner's World has settings to make it extremely easy to be successful.  The top airline (American Southern) in MT6 currently has 402 aircraft on order 3 years into the scenario.  There really is no secret other than generating strong profits by flying short routes and/or adding business/first class seats.  Currently in MT6, I have $75 million in weekly revenues with $15 million in weekly profits.  My business and first class revenues are $17 million, so essentially the business and first class revenues are my profit.  I have a fleet of 106 aircraft with 76 on order.  The problem is to find routes with sufficient business/first class demand, you usually have to fly international long haul, which means you need bigger/more expensive aircraft.  I'm not sure where you're based, but if you base at an airport like London Heathrow versus a smaller or second tier airport, there will be plenty of business/first class demand to operate.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
"Good players" can make 20%, 25%, even 40% gross profit margins in AWS.  You can easily turn that into an additional 2-3 leases every single game-week.  You combine that with also knowing how to utilize the loan system to maximum potential and you can get a solid quarter-billion dollars out of that pretty easily and turn that into the down payment on dozens of new planes.

The risk lies in what happens if 400 planes show up and you have no place to put them, or you put them onto routes that are already so congested they don't turn significant enough profits to pay for the high amount of debt one has put themselves into to acquire them.  For those players with the know-how to purchase that many planes that usually isn't a problem, they can turn profits even with LFs in the 60s and will generally outlast the competition on that route that often doesn't have the experience and know-ho to withstand such an onslaught into their routes (or decides to move their planes to another route, usually only postponing their defeat as they unwittingly strengthen the competition significantly).  The real risk lies in there being a big fuel spike at the same time.  And even that won't take down the most experienced who are putting money into purchasing assets (so they can be leveraged/sold as needed) peppered in with the large exponential-growth via leasing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:38:09 PM by Sigma »

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
So what is the secret to the loan system?   ???

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »
So what is the secret to the loan system?   ???

When you purchase an aircraft, you can use it as collateral to purchase more aircraft, which you can use as collateral to purchase more aircraft, and on and on.

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 03:48:12 AM »
THANKS.

I see!   :D

Until the bills all come due!   :'(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.