Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft configuration not logical  (Read 879 times)

elitemedia

• Former member
Aircraft configuration not logical
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
Hi everybody...

I just have a comment about aircraft configuration....

Lets assume i order a new aircraft which is delivered in full standart eco seats.... later on i decide to add some first and business seats, how come that i have to pay again for the eco seats remaining....

Logically, we remove eco class seats in order to configure business and first class cabin, but eco class seats we have them already, unless we change them for more confortable ones, but this should be a decision to ask management of airline, and not to pay again for eco class seats.

Jps

• Former member
Re: Aircraft configuration not logical
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »
I agree and I think I have pointed this out earlier, too.
The aircraft configurator, however, is a new thing, which was implemented just before Christmas. So I quess it's still kind of a simple version. I hope that it will be improved in the future, but don't know what plans Sami has...

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
Well if you take into account that this "small" problem costs your airline around 500K for a B767 its a lot of money....

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:33:05 PM »
Well, small or not, it's the same for everyone. And, you could think it also from the point, that your 767 is probably making a lot more money than a turboprop some1 else is using, so it's just some balancing  :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »
The reconfig always assumes that you install a totally new config, new seats to the whole plane..

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »
The fact is that in real life it is'nt always so... we should be able to choose  ;) also another thing not logical is the following:

For 1 week i had the aircraft with only Y class seats (210 seats) with a LF factor of 53% around 110 passengers which fly daily, after reconfiguration of aircraft 120/15/9, there are now only 63 passengers flying on Y class, its obviously that in real life you dont loose 50 Y class passengers because of aircraft cabin reconfiguration.  :-\

estair

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 04:33:49 PM »
Is there a point to make a new config to plane if you lease it only for 3 years? Or the seat configuration is thought to be used more for new planes, or if you use a plane more than 3 years?

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
I think is important to make new config, as default config makes you loose in general a lot of income, first because there is no C and F seats most of the times, and Y class seats not configured optimal.

The reconfig always assumes that you install a totally new config, new seats to the whole plane..

Lets assume that its correct for you first configuration, but if i want later to make some tuning on my aircraft, exemple just re-configure Eco class seats, its not very normal that i must pay again for F and C class seats...  :-[

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.