HQ Closing?

Started by A.Horvik, January 13, 2009, 11:13:45 AM

A.Horvik

Hi,

My airline is based at Oslo Fornebu, and knowing that near 2000 it will close and a the new Oslo Gardermoen will open.
What will happen to my airline, will all routes just be suspended or will my flights start to fly out of Gardermoen automatically?
Do i get to choose a new base?

Happy Flying!

Sami

You will be automatically relocated to the new airport opening nearby. (you'll get messages advising of this when it's closer)

A.Horvik

Jps

Btw, do the routes transfer automatically, so that you don't have to create new routes? Also, will the route image stay as it was and not reset to 0?

tofen

Just out of curiosity, what happens if there are no significant airport opening right after your old base was closed?

For example, what happens if you are based at Berlin - Tempelhof? That airport was closed for scheduled service a few months back IRL, but there is no "new" airport that replaces it straight away. Both Tegel and Schönefeld has been open for long already, and Brandenburg isn't opening until ~2011.

Sami

Quote from: tofen on January 13, 2009, 02:40:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, what happens if there are no significant airport opening right after your old base was closed?

I have checked the airports and there shouldn't be such situation. And I believe the closure of Tempelhof hasn't made it to database yet.

Quote from: Jps on January 13, 2009, 01:42:14 PM
Btw, do the routes transfer automatically, so that you don't have to create new routes? Also, will the route image stay as it was and not reset to 0?

For airlines based there, yes.