Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Be able to Build Terminals  (Read 1247 times)

Offline ali5541

• Members
[-] Be able to Build Terminals
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:42:20 AM »
What I noticed that this game lacks the ability to allow players to build terminals. Every Airline Simulation I played allows players to build terminals in which players can start flights from. Of course like most simulations, this is not cheap. It would be expansive to build a terminal but once a terminal is constructed in the airport of your choice, you would be able to start flights from their. For example, your base city is a place where you can usually start routes from; have it also allow you to start a route from a Terminal City.

And I don't know if this is possible in this game, but maybe have a game in which airport traffic and development is based on how many airlines and routes operate from it. For example, the two Paris Airports are really developed in normal games. If we were to have a game like what I'm suggesting, all airports will be the same. Under developed, and little traffic, and the more that airlines fly routes in and out, the more it will develop.

But over all, I highly encourage the Terminal Feature, I would love that!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:01:14 PM by sami »
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

moxiepilot

• Former member
Re: Be able to Build Terminals
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:32:28 AM »
It's been suggested.

Im sure Seattle or Jps could shed some light on some of the planning.  They seem to read Sami's mind

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 04:07:14 AM »
Lol Lebanese think alike, eh ya man?

Haha I suggested this a while back, here's the thread
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,1806.0.html

Also, check out this one
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,296.0.html

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:05:50 AM »
wow, it seems many people want terminals. i want to say, im one of those people  :P

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »
Slot is more important in this game I think.
Able to build a lounge to boost the F/C loading and connecting pax in the future is more important to me.  :)

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 11:30:37 AM »
my main point is being able to create routes in places other then your home base. thats why i suggested the terminals

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »
my main point is being able to create routes in places other then your home base. thats why i suggested the terminals
Yeah, well, this game tries to be a real simultion, so simulating the real world. In real world, an airline based in the USA, for example, can't fly inter-Europe flights, as that is reserved for European airlines. However, here you can fly other routes with some restrictions by creating a route that goes from A(your hub) to B, and from there to C, so it goes through 3 airports. For example, from new York to London to Paris, and back. This already isn't that real, and the hubs would be even more unreal.
Also, the hubs could be built only by bigger airlines, who dominate the air routes already, so they would just block even more routes of smaller airlines, thus taking space from other players.

Also, as mentioned, the airports here are based on real-world time-slots that regulate the size of the airport (how many planes it can handle in an hour). So if the user was able to create hubs, they would totally mess that system.
And, this would be quite a big improvement, and I think there are many more important ones to be implemented first, like the cargo and a the ability to maintenance your aircraft at other than hub airport, or even the ability to create maintenance department.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
Exactly.....I'm totally p***ed off when some MEGA airlines start a hub at my base,then he dump all the spare plane he had and ruin all my route.
Set every route price to $1.This is the experience I have in other airlines sim.
AWS are aiming for realistic after all....  ;D

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
Jps, you know, for a person who enjoys this game so much, your really a downer. this is only a suggestions forum and im merly suggesting things that will make the game funner and more enjoyable. you dont have to go all technical on me and i already know that this game is based on real life. but in real life, airports get bigger, expand, more airlines, etc. All I want is to be able to create routes from other areas. I really dont care about anything else!

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »
Jps, you know, for a person who enjoys this game so much, your really a downer. this is only a suggestions forum and im merly suggesting things that will make the game funner and more enjoyable. you dont have to go all technical on me and i already know that this game is based on real life. but in real life, airports get bigger, expand, more airlines, etc. All I want is to be able to create routes from other areas. I really dont care about anything else!
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to be a downer  :-[
Anyways, I do understand you, but given the goals this game is trying to aim for and the fact, that there are many players, if a player is suggesting something, it can't always be implemented. And I was just trying to bring my point of view of why this suggestion shouldn't be implemented. This is just a conversation between different players trying to figure out what really is necessary and what is not that important.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »
For airport slots, the terminal capacity is not really relative. As the slots are landing/runway slots. (though apron / terminal capacity also matters, but usually it's the atc/runways that limit more..)

Also, airlines do not tend to build terminals themselves. There are exceptions (especially in US I believe?) but generally speaking the airline itself does not do or fund this, it is the airport operator. And for the traffic rights, it's like jps explained - by building a terminal somewhere does not grant you necessarily rights to operate there. And in my mind the traffic rights / aviation freedoms should be done first.

deepblue501

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 01:44:36 PM »
Yeah, well, this game tries to be a real simultion, so simulating the real world. In real world, an airline based in the USA, for example, can't fly inter-Europe flights, as that is reserved for European airlines. However, here you can fly other routes with some restrictions by creating a route that goes from A(your hub) to B, and from there to C, so it goes through 3 airports. For example, from new York to London to Paris, and back. This already isn't that real, and the hubs would be even more unreal.
Also, the hubs could be built only by bigger airlines, who dominate the air routes already, so they would just block even more routes of smaller airlines, thus taking space from other players.

Also, as mentioned, the airports here are based on real-world time-slots that regulate the size of the airport (how many planes it can handle in an hour). So if the user was able to create hubs, they would totally mess that system.
And, this would be quite a big improvement, and I think there are many more important ones to be implemented first, like the cargo and a the ability to maintenance your aircraft at other than hub airport, or even the ability to create maintenance department.

sorry this is simply not true. It used to be like this a long time ago, and it still is like this between US-Europe, but within the EU for example, any airline registered in the EU can open up ANY route it wants between ANY two points within the EU. So for example, Lufthansa can open a route Athens-Rome if it wants to.

I think the possibility to create main but also secondary hubs should definetely be implemented. In the end your aim is to provide a close to real life simulation, right? Well, i don't know of almost ANY airline anymore in the world that has only 1 hub. So please, is this a possibility?

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
sorry this is simply not true. It used to be like this a long time ago, and it still is like this between US-Europe, but within the EU for example, any airline registered in the EU can open up ANY route it wants between ANY two points within the EU. So for example, Lufthansa can open a route Athens-Rome if it wants to.

I think the possibility to create main but also secondary hubs should definetely be implemented. In the end your aim is to provide a close to real life simulation, right? Well, i don't know of almost ANY airline anymore in the world that has only 1 hub. So please, is this a possibility?

Yes, I am aware of that, but that only considers Europe. As this game usually covers the whole world, you just can't have this ability as mentioned, because then it would be wrong in the other parts of the world, which is a much bigger area than the EU.
However, this game is now just a few weeks old, and there's much to come.

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
Yes, I am aware of that, but that only considers Europe. As this game usually covers the whole world, you just can't have this ability as mentioned, because then it would be wrong in the other parts of the world, which is a much bigger area than the EU.
However, this game is now just a few weeks old, and there's much to come.

We can go back and fourth on this suggestion, but in the end, it's upto Sami to make the final decision. However, I only hope to be able to start routes from other places in the near future.

jagalubnan

• Former member
Re: [-] Be able to Build Terminals
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »
I remember someone suggesting this one particular piece in beta, but what if we put a limit on secondary hubs. For example, you're only allowed to have 10 flights maximum originating from another airport and you're only allowed to have up to 3 secondary hubs?

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:20 AM »
now their is an idea. place a limit to the amount of routes your allowed to start. make it a max of 8 routes per extra hub with a max of 2-3 hubs. how is that?

deepblue501

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 08:15:06 PM »
second that. If i can't get fully flexible secondary hubs in the game, than at least this...  ;D

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
This thread is already closed, please discuss the 2nd base matter in it's dedicated thread, thanks.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.