Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 1st thoughts  (Read 777 times)

jest

• Former member
1st thoughts
« on: January 13, 2009, 12:58:11 AM »
Hi

I've been following the development of this game almost since it started and it lived to my ( high ) expectations.
I only had the chance to start a couple days ago but game already seems balanced and fluid, two major qualities that its predecessor Airline Online ( no longer offered ) didnt have despite all the fun i had playing it.
So, congratulations are in order along with a "small" request: A Stock Exchange.

yyebo

• Former member
Re: 1st thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:46:58 AM »
Yeah, absolutely a great game!

I am almost a newbie to this kind of game (only played a similar one on PC developed by KOEI in 1996) ;D,

I had one day trial so far in the demo, definately I will buy some credits when there is another new game opened.

As Jest is asking for a stock exchange, I think we should expand it a little further: a future exchange (for fuel only maybe) so we will be able to hedge the fluctuation of the oil price  :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »
As Jest is asking for a stock exchange, I think we should expand it a little further: a future exchange (for fuel only maybe) so we will be able to hedge the fluctuation of the oil price  :)
I don't think that this will be possible, as the players already know when the fuel is cheap and when expencive. Besides, in the real world airlines don't hedge fuel.

edidiot

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »
That's not true JPS. Airlines Hedge large %'s of their fuel. Indeed that is why we're still paying massive fuel surcharges despite the cost of oil dropping so much recently

jest

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:43:33 AM »
A future exchange for fuel is also a nice idea but market would be very predicitve.

yyebo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:09:22 AM »
You are right, if the price is based on historic data. In that case there's no need for such thing.

But if the crude oil price changes randomly, then such hedge actions would make the game looks more detailed.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.