Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help : Increase Fleet Utilisation  (Read 467 times)

Wardie9

• Former member
Help : Increase Fleet Utilisation
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:13:57 PM »
Hey,

I am kinda new to AWS, currently in my 2nd game in Modern Times 6. I have a regional airline based in Osaka Itami, Japan, the airport handlings pretty much 100% domestic traffic and most airports in Japan, including mine, are shut from 2100-0700.

How can i maximise my fleet utilisation, i am currently running at a lowely 9hrs.

My fleet consists of 3 BAE146's, 2 A321-100's, 5 B722 and 3 B741/SR (just purely as they seat 400 pax in Y)

I am struggling to really get my hours for aircraft up, i am schelding flights to fly over night, well to depart Osaka just before close at 2055, and fly to an 24/7 airport such as Tokyo Haneda or Narita, then arrange the flight to land in Osaka when it opens at 0700. However, this still means a good 6/7hour night-stop at Tokyo for the aircraft....

How can i up my fleet utilisation figure in this situation? Is it actually possibly?!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Help : Increase Fleet Utilisation
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »
Japan domestic market is the hardest market to achieve high fleet utilization, since there are just too few opportunities to fly at night because of the curfews...

Wardie9

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Yeh, i liked the idea of the challenge at the time, but it just seems impossible! Plus i have no choice really but to have more a/c types than i wished!

Bolier Dweller

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:27:34 PM »
which airport are you flying out in japan, ive played in there a few times and have done really well.
The main thing really is to use up every bit of time you got. start out flying planes the shortest detestation in the morning or at night and then a long one during the day.
i would't touch anything that didt have anything over a hundred seats. I usally got 3-4 turns in a day for a plane. Of course i was at late close airport.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.