Your Day Job

Started by TranceAvia, December 08, 2011, 02:53:43 AM

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: DutchFlyer on December 21, 2019, 08:23:00 PM
Flight attendant for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines out of AMS/EHAM. I fly Boeing 737/777/787 and Airbus 330.

We should get in touch about those upgrades. They hardly happen and i'm almost a weekly pax on KL  :P 8)

simonfs

Fun thread! I'm a Irregularities Supervisor at Braathens Regional Airlines based in BMA, Stockholm   8)

Zorak

I work for a Dutch Health Insurance company as a Financial Advisor

Tuckernut

Retired international purser for "a large ATL based carrier."  Not missing it these days.

tomwe

Lead Design Engineer at Rolls-Royce (Aerospace)

Horizon

Work in a control room on the UK railways.

jrljamielin2

I'm a Sales Manager for a Networking Distributor in England :)

EAS66

French civil servant. All the rumours are true.

Vostok

Quote from: simonfs on February 06, 2020, 04:50:58 PM
Fun thread! I'm a Irregularities Supervisor at Braathens Regional Airlines based in BMA, Stockholm   8)

Well hello, I buy sell and lease aircraft. I actually sold your Avros last year :D

Knutm1980

I'm an urban designer, currently based in KSA designing a new city.

fanglin

Industrial engineering student at Purdue University. Starting a Co-Op with Delta Airlines this summer!

BOEING717

I am a tennis umpire for several professional and college associations.

swiftus27

Quote from: BOEING717 on September 03, 2022, 05:51:34 PM
I am a tennis umpire for several professional and college associations.

I officiated american football for years.   Loved it but just didn't have the time because it doesn't pay well unless you go REALLY far.

RushmoreAir

Not sure if posting this is allowed ...

but do you enjoy AirwaySim so much you'd like to make it your day job?  Come join my team at United Airlines in Network Planning / Scheduling.  This analyst role would be responsible for maximizing utilization of widebody aircraft while ensuring maintenance, crew, slot, gate, and turn time requirements are met.  We use 7-day scheduling and most of the workday my computer screen looks exactly like the 'scheduling' window in AWS games.  Best of all you get to spend your day working with people that are just as excited about the airline industry as you.

https://ual-pro.taleo.net/careersection/10230/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=WHQ00020858

if you're interested apply above (job posting is open until Sep 19) and also PM me to make sure your resume doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Sergio

JaidulMia

interesting information

mrtrash757

Owner of a Salesforce/CRM Consulting firm and working on launching my own airline.

dkontod1

At the moment I am not employed, although I actively search for a job.
I moved to another state to support my sister, who has some health problems.
In the last weeks, I keep sending my CV to various companies, but so far without success.
These days I want to modify my CV based on some information I found in this guide, and I hope the results will change

Balkania

Project Manager for large Leisure retailing business in Australia, full-time HF radio & avgeek

HungryBus

Hehe *clears throat*

I started to learn for PPL (Private Pilot License) and even achieved it, then went to CPL/ATPL until at one day something happened and medical stuff told me that I will have to "pause" with that for quite a time :( This is the story of unborn pilot  ;D

But then I went to airport and started to work there, in a security dept. In parallels, learned my way through IT and now I am a professional self-thought (thanks, youtube and udemy) web developer.

But my heart still belongs to aviation (it is obvious, since on my PC there are DCS with F16/F18, MFS (started with MFS2004). Well, yeah - still trying to realize my dreams via simulators  ::)