Airlines who do not get a good start in the game are a huge disadvantage when it comes to ordering new aircraft, no matter what the era.
The above statement is the key to doing well in this game.
Get a good start (and some players always do e.g. Dantes & Curse)
- you are the first on the production lines to get an even bigger advantage over the rest
- you are the first to sell wanted planes to other players as you are upgrading first
- you get the best pax demand
Should this be changed to level it out? No, because you never will level it out as some players are just better than others, and as such they will keep modifying their strategy to stay at the top.
Get a bad start
- you get frustrated and grab planes that don't suit your strategy (I just did...damn it)
- you are faced with long queues to get your new planes
- due to some bad decisions you end up restarting at get an even worse start
- continuous downward spiral- wait for next game :-)
As for continuous changes...why?
- auction system - Dan will still have more money than us, so our next thread will be - Dan is buying all the auctioned planes waaa
- God mode turned on - more planes..yep...but unless you have the money, guess which players will get the majority of those planes
I for one vote for no more changes as the game / sim is very appealing to play as it is (thanks Sami)
Make it to easy and we will get bored, and if you think it is hard to play in its current form best thing to do is instead of watching the used plane market start studying players like Dantes to try to work out how he always seems to go to the top.
Learn the top players strategy and beat them at their own game, unless you actually do believe that they have a much higher IQ than the rest of us so we will never be capable of learning