Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Punctual Departure  (Read 932 times)

dobbs1996

• Former member
Punctual Departure
« on: December 06, 2011, 05:45:50 PM »
Is it possible to get a quicker turnaround.
Eg. Ryanair can turn it's 737's around in 32 mins. so is it possible to achieve this if more staff are hired or whatever is needed to achieve this.
So is it possible?

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
Re: Punctual Departure
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »
The more ground staff you have it will decrease the risk of a delay due to "lack of staff", but there really isn't a way that I know of to get a fast turn around like they do in real life.  Ryanair and Southwest are famous for making 30 minute turns on their 737s, but unfortunately the current game system requirements are much longer.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
Having more than 100% of the required ground staff will not decrease the turnaround time

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »
easyJet are doing 25 min turns on 156Y A319's

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 09:56:22 PM »
easyJet are doing 25 min turns on 156Y A319's

Yes this is impossible in the game currently. But I don't think the delay risk should be 1% for that quick as it is very tight to do all the things in the right order on that tight a schedule, and there is no contingency time for knock on delays.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Troxartas86

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
Im sure those airlines have more than their fair share of delays and cancellations. With such tight turnarounds, the slightest thing going wrong will probably mean a delay. Low cost US carriers are notorious for it. I don't know if there is a place where you can pull up the real life statistics but I'd be very curious to see them. I'm always the calm understanding passenger that tries to explain things to people, so far I haven't been punched in the face.  8)

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »
Here is a link for Southwest's statistics: http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightRating/flightRatingByCarrier.do?airlineCode=WN

Some of those flights have on time statistics of less than 70%.

EDIT: Data from October through November (2011) -

ON TIME FLIGHTS
Delta Air Lines           86%
Southwest Airlines     74%
easyJet                   88%
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:47:05 AM by AUpilot77 »

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »
Here is a link for Southwest's statistics: http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightRating/flightRatingByCarrier.do?airlineCode=WN

Some of those flights have on time statistics of less than 70%.

EDIT: Data from October through November (2011) -

ON TIME FLIGHTS
Delta Air Lines           86%
Southwest Airlines     74%
easyJet                   88%

yeah and better OTP than Ryanair for the first time ever according to the most recent figures published to the free market  :D

Troxartas86

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
How fresh are those stats and how often do they get reported? I looked up Spirit Airlines out of ACY and I don't see my recently cancelled flight nor any of the multiple delays it caused. In fact, it says they have a 100% on time departure rate. I was supposed to leave at 1:51PM but didnt get back to TPA until after midnight on an extra flight they added just for all the people that got stranded. There are only four gates at ACY and the broken down A-320 kept one of them blocked for the rest of the day.

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:13:19 AM »
Those figures say they were from October to the end of November so any flights in December I'd assume were not included.

dobbs1996

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »
Ok thanks for that

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.