Which country do you come from?

Started by Phetoy6, December 06, 2011, 08:32:55 AM

Phetoy6

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this kind of thread has been made or not. I had difficult time to find one. In the more-than-2 years of AirwaySim existence (at least that is how long I have been here), I think it is nice to know our compatriots. It is possible to gather in each country or just having a chit chat over this interesting simulation with your compatriots. I will help you listing/making a database of members with their country. Hopefully this will trigger our mod to have at least a flag beside the poster's name in the forum board. :-)

Let me start, I am from Indonesia

Afghanistan   
    Albania   
    Algeria   
    Andorra   
    Angola   
    Antigua and Barbuda   
    Argentina   
    Armenia   
    Australia   
    Austria   
    Azerbaijan   
    Bahamas   
    Bahrain   
    Bangladesh   
    Barbados   
    Belarus   
    Belgium   
    Belize   
    Benin
    Bhutan   
    Bolivia (Plurinational State of)
    Bosnia and Herzegovina   
    Botswana   
    Brazil   
Leandromstt
    Brunei Darussalam   
    Bulgaria   
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi   
    Cambodia
    Cameroon
    Canada   
ICEcold
psw231
Will
zorrin
    Cape Verde   
    Central African Republic
    Chad   
    Chile   
    China   
    Colombia   
    Comoros   
    Congo
    Costa Rica   
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Croatia   
    Cuba   
    Cyprus   
    Czech Republic   
    Democratic People's Republic of Korea   
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Denmark   
    Djibouti   
    Dominica   
    Dominican Republic   
    Ecuador   
    Egypt   
    El Salvador   
    Equatorial Guinea   
    Eritrea   
    Estonia   
    Ethiopia   
    Fiji   
    Finland   
Kaskoblue
Meicci
    France   
    Gabon   
    Gambia
    Georgia   
    Germany   
    Ghana   
    Greece   
    Grenada   
    Guatemala   
    Guinea   
    Guinea-Bissau   
    Guyana   
    Haiti   
    Honduras   
    Hungary   
    Iceland   
    India   
    Indonesia   
Phetoy6
    Iran (Islamic Republic of)
    Iraq   
    Ireland   
    Israel   
dhtdkcug
    Italy   
    Jamaica   
    Japan   
    Jordan   
    Kazakhstan
    Kenya   
    Kiribati   
    Kuwait   
    Kyrgyzstan   
    Lao People's Democratic Republic
    Latvia   
    Lebanon   
    Lesotho   
    Liberia   
    Libya
    Liechtenstein   
    Lithuania   
    Luxembourg   
    Madagascar
    Malawi   
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Mali   
    Malta   
    Marshall Islands   
    Mauritania   
    Mauritius   
    Mexico   
    Micronesia (Federated States of)   
    Monaco   
    Mongolia   
    Montenegro   
    Morocco   
    Mozambique   
    Myanmar
    Namibia   
    Nauru   
    Nepal   
    Netherlands   
Maarten Otto
TK1244
    New Zealand   
    Nicaragua   
    Niger   
    Nigeria   
    Norway   
    Oman   
    Pakistan   
    Palau   
    Panama   
    Papua New Guinea   
    Paraguay   
    Peru   
    Philippines
    Poland   
    Portugal   
    Qatar   
    Republic of Korea   
    Republic of Moldova
    Romania   
    Russian Federation   
EGSC
    Rwanda   
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Saint Lucia   
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines   
    Samoa   
    San Marino   
    Sao Tome and Principe
    Saudi Arabia   
    Senegal   
    Serbia   
    Seychelles   
    Sierra Leone   
    Singapore   
    Slovakia   
    Slovenia   
    Solomon Islands   
    Somalia   
    South Africa
    South Sudan   
    Spain   
    Sri Lanka
    Sudan   
    Suriname
    Swaziland   
    Sweden   
    Switzerland   
    Syrian Arab Republic   
    Tajikistan   
    Thailand
    The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia   
    Timor-Leste   
    Togo   
    Tonga   
    Trinidad and Tobago   
    Tunisia   
    Turkey   
    Turkmenistan   
    Tuvalu   
    Uganda   
    Ukraine   
    United Arab Emirates   
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland   
alexgv1
DaveP1991
NorgeFly
Walker
    United Republic of Tanzania   
    United States of America   
AUpilot77
jetwestinc
lunchbox
norcarolinian
Riddle Me This
RushmoreAir
sansa93
Troxartas86
wapp11
    Uruguay   
    Uzbekistan   
    Vanuatu   
    Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)
    Viet Nam   
    Yemen   
    Zambia   
    Zimbabwe   

Sami

Here's some general level stats:  https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,28248.0.html

(not very comprehensive though .. we run Google Analytics too but that includes all visitors then, not just the active users)

Phetoy6

Thank you Sami,

But I actually wonder if there is a way I could find, let's say other Indonesian friends, with whom I can discuss more (comfortably) in our language about the game, exchanging views, and of course: promoting this great game to our society! ;-)

Troxartas86

Boring old USA for me, frequently flying between TPA and ACY.

alexgv1

UK here, good idea will help people find compatriots  8)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

AUpilot77

psw231

Canada here, you could do what I have done and add fellow countrymen to your buddy list as you find them, I have compiled a list with 66 Canadian AWS'ers and have used this to form an all Canadian alliance in JA5. It is time consuming to do but if you check airlines bases in Indonesia in each game you play. I would guess that you will find a good number of those in the AWS community, also check new members line at the bottom of the forum page as I have found quite a few that way.

Good luck!
psw231

Dave4468

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: AUpilot77 on December 06, 2011, 10:15:16 PM
USA! The great state of Michigan.

USA as well, Ohio and a Buckeyes fan. Glad to see you guys finally beat OSU this year  :laugh:
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

RushmoreAir

Quote from: jetwestinc on December 06, 2011, 11:07:17 PM
USA as well, Ohio and a Buckeyes fan. Glad to see you guys finally beat OSU this year  :laugh:

USA (South Dakota), but a Wolverines person through and through  ;D

Phetoy6

Quote from: psw231 on December 06, 2011, 10:44:41 PM
Canada here, you could do what I have done and add fellow countrymen to your buddy list as you find them, I have compiled a list with 66 Canadian AWS'ers and have used this to form an all Canadian alliance in JA5. It is time consuming to do but if you check airlines bases in Indonesia in each game you play. I would guess that you will find a good number of those in the AWS community, also check new members line at the bottom of the forum page as I have found quite a few that way.

Good luck!
psw231

Thanks! It is an idea, but I would like to stick with one way to report your nationality for now. Let see how much attention this thread could gather attention. If thinks go not really well, perhaps next week, I would find another way, e.g. bugging you through PM asking the data you have! :D

sansa93

Where we know the state like the back of our hand!

I'm from the U.S. as well, Michigan to be more specific.

BigSky

Meicci

norcarolinian

Quote from: sansa93 on December 07, 2011, 05:17:11 AM
Where we know the state like the back of our hand!

I'm from the U.S. as well, Michigan to be more specific.

heheh good one...

North Carolina, USA here  8)

Maarten Otto

Greetings from Under the Sea...  ;D

It's pretty obvious when you get a first glimpse of the Netherlands, that the country is flat.  Very flat... :-) In fact, you can often see for miles around.  And what's more, a quarter of the land is below sea level.

Fancy a quick tour?

How do you protect Amsterdam from a sea? Well... you build a 35 kilometre dam....

Just a few miles south we enter the Anna Paulona polder...

Ah... yes... the Zaanse Schans... Threatened with demolition 35 houses were bought and relocated to a museum. Resulting in this lovely scene...

And since last year Zaandam, a city just north of Amsterdam got a bigger one which house a hotel and some offices.

Well, lets take a train from here cause driving your car in Amsterdam is horrible... 

Well, that was only a 12 minute trip to Amsterdam City centre.

Whoops, wrong neighbourhood....   ;D

Just a nice nightshot of the "Magere Brug"

Did you know that Amsterdam is one of the "Greenest" city's in the world?

Over 30.000 of them parked here, and still there is not enough space... I present to you the "Bicycle flat"

Well, we can't forget one of our economic engines can we? For many this is where they get their first contact with the Dutch. NOTAM: Runway is way below sea level so don't be tricked by your altimeter.

Okay, were now just south of Amsterdam and we want to go to Rotterdam. By car it takes over an hour, no direct buses and by train we have to go via The Hague...

Let's fly with FYRA

Ow... not fast enough.... okay, from December 2012 we do it at twice the speed...

Right... Rotterdam. Well... As I'm from Amsterdam myself I do not like this city. But it has it's history. Holland fought brave... but "He who must not be named" forces the Dutch to surrender by destroying the city completely...

Just west of Rotterdam you'll find the Maesland kering. This massive movable dam will protect Rotterdam and the land behind it from flooding during extreme weather conditions in combination with surge tide.

It has been closed for shipping traffic only once (during a test) and has remained open since. The Dutch hope they will never have to use this kit to keep the water out. We build to protect, not to use it.

There were two events last century that made the Dutch realise that we are just a small country. The first was the second world war, with the second disaster just less then ten years later... When weather turned to the worst....

QuoteThe Delta Works is a series of construction projects in the southwest of the Netherlands to protect a large area of land around the Rhine-Meuse-Scheldt delta from the sea. The works consist of dams, sluices, locks, dikes, levees, and storm surge barriers. The aim of the dams, sluices, and storm surge barriers was to shorten the Dutch coastline, thus reducing the number of dikes that had to be raised.

Along with the Zuiderzee Works the Delta Works have been declared one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.

Well, that was a short impression of the country I live in.
Greetings from Almere (-6 meters)

zorrin

Born in England, but currently living in Canada, although writing this post from Germany...

Phetoy6

Hei Marteen!

Thank you, nice introduction and pictures! Turns out you live in Almere! I have a family living there as well! :D

dhtdkcug

I'm the first one here from the middle east so far!
Greetings to all from tiny israel!

Tujue

From Netherlands and Turkey ;D

Quote from: Maarten Otto on December 07, 2011, 10:47:03 AM
Right... Rotterdam. Well... As I'm from Amsterdam myself I do not like this city. But it has it's history. Holland fought brave... but "He who must not be named" forces the Dutch to surrender by destroying the city completely...
For me it is the other way round; as I'm from Rotterdam, I don't like the city of Amsterdam (although I do study in our "capital city").

The Sint-Laurenskerk is the only remnant of the medieval city of Rotterdam...
Here in it current status:

Here just after the bombing of Rotterdam:
Tujue Airways (🇦🇿 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇷 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇲 Tujue Howa Ýollary / 🇺🇿 Tujue Havo Yoʻllari / 🇰🇿 Tujue Äwe Joldarı / 🇰🇬 Tujue Aba Joldoru)