Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why do we have have campaigns for specific routes if just about...  (Read 737 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
every one says they are of no use and don't help anything. sami must have them in the game for a reason and I have found on a few occasions, a well timed route specific campaign made a big difference. Does anyone else ever use them even once in awhile? I'm just very curious.

wapp11

• Former member
Re: Why do we have have campaigns for specific routes if just about...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:17 AM »
If your Route Image (RI) is 100, then I believe there is no reason to spend money on marketing for that route.  If your RI is lower than 100, marketing might be an advantage to bring it up. 

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:06:30 AM »
every one says they are of no use and don't help anything. sami must have them in the game for a reason and I have found on a few occasions, a well timed route specific campaign made a big difference. Does anyone else ever use them even once in awhile? I'm just very curious.

They don't do anything (if your RI is already 100).  Period.  Anything you may have noticed was only a coincidence like a competitors plane on that route going into C-Check, causing your LF to temporarily rise.

There's more than a few things that don't work entirely correctly and without fault, and RI is one of them.  Spending on RI does make it rise slightly faster, so it's not entirely useless (I sometimes use it in the early-game as the cost is minimal with the hope I'll slow a competitor down even a little bit in the beginning), but the formula for figuring the cost is extremely broken (more routes == more RI cost) so its wholly impractical to use it at all once you have a number of routes as it can cost millions per week to advertise a single route.  It's simply a feature that's not really matured.  Since no one's really using it, there's no press to really fix it.  Though there have been a number of discussions on how the feature could be better utilized.

Offline Sad-anorak

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:22:16 PM »

Hi,

I like to use the advertising, but the cost does rise steeply, and I would like to see a change where
it can be used later in the game when you open a new route without it costing silly money.

Cheers,

Steve.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »

Hi,

I like to use the advertising, but the cost does rise steeply, and I would like to see a change where
it can be used later in the game when you open a new route without it costing silly money.

Cheers,

Steve.

But large scale advertising campaigns do cost silly money. Example here of a 30 second advert slot in the final of Britain's Got Talent costing up to 250,000. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-1692745/ITV-wants-pound250000-for-30-second-ad-slot.html

dobbs1996

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
RI campaigns are a complete waste of money.
I opened a route from dublin to heathrow and another to gatwick at the same time and added a campaign on the Gatlick route as it had less demand and the route image for the routes grew at the same rate.

wapp11

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »
If you have a route that is scheduled too tightly, and in turn has lots of delays, then route marketing may be useful to keep the RI up! If your delays are low or non existent then you route will "market" it self and will reach 100 on it's own!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »
If you have a route that is scheduled too tightly, and in turn has lots of delays, then route marketing may be useful to keep the RI up! If your delays are low or non existent then you route will "market" it self and will reach 100 on it's own!

Delays and cancellations hit CI, rather than RI.  Unlike in real life, where (according to Woody Allen) 80% of success is showing up, with RI, 100% of success is showing up.  If you are flying the route, RI will go up until reach full RI of 100.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.