Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: beginner question on route demand  (Read 949 times)

Sranan

• Former member
beginner question on route demand
« on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »
i am new to the sim.

i was curious how the passenger demand is calculated between airports. i was researching a base airport and find it very odd that the passenger demand isnot really accurate or realistic between a few airports.

an example: daily demand between holland and suriname or holland and the dutch antilles (aruba, bonaire, curacao, st maarten) is around 20 pax a day each way. in reality, the flights are usually around 200 pax a day each way.

it seems that international destinations that have cultural ties (example french speaking nations) would have higher passenger demand between airports, like in the real world.

is this something that i am looking to deeply into?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: beginner question on route demand
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »
It's basically an algorithm based on airport size, airport demand type (i.e. % that is LH/SH/domestic), and distance. There also seems to be a bit of a random factor involved. There are some routes that are hard-coded exceptions, but there are many more that are not.

Amsterdam-St Maarten should be a lot higher than 20 daily pax, but it will also be less than Amsterdam to non-dutch colonies like Martinique, Trinidad, Guadeloupe. Because St Maarten is ~1/4 LH, 3/4 short haul demand, whereas Le Lamentin is ~90% LH.

Sranan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »
thanks Sanabas

it would be nice if the real life feature was included as a random factor. in reality, those long haul flights between those types of destinations are a large percentage of airline revenue.

hope sami can get a good mix of real life airport statistics and real life passenger demand (i.e. paris to martinique, guadeloupe, frans guiana, etc flights would be high demand) in the sim.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
Your prayers are soon to be answered (and the rest of ours) with:

City based demand    ;)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Sranan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »
sounds good. hopefully it takes into consideration the real life factor of those 'holiday destinatations'. i see the realism factor lost when doing a flight paris-guadeloupe and only 20pax per day is the estimate. real life is at 180-200+.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »
sounds good. hopefully it takes into consideration the real life factor of those 'holiday destinatations'. i see the realism factor lost when doing a flight paris-guadeloupe and only 20pax per day is the estimate. real life is at 180-200+.

Paris-Guadeloupe has over 100 pax per day in Jet Age. Should be even higher in Beginner World. Pointe a Pitre has decent demand to all the big European airports.

Sranan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:21:14 AM »
Paris-Guadeloupe has over 100 pax per day in Jet Age. Should be even higher in Beginner World. Pointe a Pitre has decent demand to all the big European airports.

yes, i know. was just using as example.

have to make it with what is available at the moment

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »
I noticed same.

for example, hong kong - moscow (uudd or uuvv) - max 300 pax per day

meanwhile to tahskent, uzbekistan - 700-900 pax per day.

its unreal. uzbekistan is a poor contry. people from uzbekistan come to russia to work illegally, and uzbekistan is dictator country.

i think demand from hong kong to tashkent should not be larger than to afgan or iraq.

also question one - why airbus a 300-600R not accepted to kandahar or mazari sharif - they have longer rumways than acf requires. 3200 x 45 asfalt, and 3100 x 46, asfalt.

and question two - load factor fluctuates like crayzy, like AC079-AC080 from 80 %  on thu 06-feb-01 to 12% on 03-feb-01 or less. how so? why so much?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:52:37 PM by sergio »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.