Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Its been brought to my attention that all the Convair 240/340/440 are...  (Read 683 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
all outfitted with HD seating. Why is this? It seems very unusual as that seems to be something the player would decide on. For instance HD on a Convair 240 is 40, while standard is 32 and so on with Convair propline being have HD seating from the get go. Just wondering why and is this the only aircraft line to be outfitted this way? I'm sure there is a reason, but what? ???

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Its been brought to my attention that all the Convair 240/340/440 are...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »
almost all short range TPs come with all HD seating...  You may need to look harder.

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 01:27:38 AM »
all outfitted with HD seating. Why is this? It seems very unusual as that seems to be something the player would decide on. For instance HD on a Convair 240 is 40, while standard is 32 and so on with Convair propline being have HD seating from the get go. Just wondering why and is this the only aircraft line to be outfitted this way? I'm sure there is a reason, but what? ???

All planes have a default seating config. It's rarely the config you'll want to use. It is indeed something for the player to decide on, the player should be checking possible configs and refitting their planes if they want to when they order them.

As Swiftus says, most smaller planes come with HD seats, because they're typically used for short flights and want to fit in as many pax as possible. The a320 comes with 156 Y class seats, most airlines will want to add some C-class, and use something like 138/10. Others might jam in ~180 HD seats. The 757-200 default is now (I think) 174/15, but it actually has enough size for 186/15 in SD seating. If you look at aircraft-->new aircraft, you'll see a list that includes capacity. Some of them will say 76 pax (max 85), which tells you the default is 76, but you can fit 85 HD Y class seats in there. For those that don't have a max figure in brackets, their default layout is already all HD seating. Currently in JA that includes Viscounts, Tu-124s, NAMCs, and 8 other fleets.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 02:46:39 AM »
Gotcha! Thanks guys!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.