Do aircraft in C/D check affect fleet utilization?

Started by JumboShrimp, October 20, 2011, 10:16:34 PM

JumboShrimp

Just wondering about it, if they are counted.  From what I can tell, it seems they are counted - meaning lowering fleet utilization.  But I am not sure....

Sami

They are counted IF they have something scheduled. However C/D/extra maint. does not reduce utilization.

Utiliz. value is calculated when you schedule the routes, and avg.utilization is based simply on summing up this data etc. for all your planes. It does not take into account if the plane is actually just now flying them or not. (but I think pre-scheduled planes do not count into that stat; not sure however and in any case it wouldn't make really any difference)

JumboShrimp

Ok, that makes sense.

Then, having some extra aircraft with no schedules, just doing C/D checks lowers fleet utilization...

ArcherII

Ok, I thought that every plane (scheduled or not) counted towards flight utilization. It has happened several times where I'd have some airplanes unscheduled and then put some routes on them and suddenly the utilization grew accordingly.

EDIT: I read again what Sami said and figured out that I was adding nothing to it, no probs then...

Sanabas

Yep, I've noticed the same thing. Haven't tested it properly to see if it includes things like tech stops and turnaround at destinations, or if it's purely flight time, but the fleet utilisation stat definitely appears to be the sum of flight times/total number of planes, including those without routes. I don't think it counts planes ordered but yet to arrive, even when they have been scheduled.

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Sanabas on October 20, 2011, 11:33:12 PM
Yep, I've noticed the same thing. Haven't tested it properly to see if it includes things like tech stops and turnaround at destinations, or if it's purely flight time, but the fleet utilisation stat definitely appears to be the sum of flight times/total number of planes, including those without routes. I don't think it counts planes ordered but yet to arrive, even when they have been scheduled.

It is purely flight time. Turnaround time does not count, but I can not speak for tech stops. An interesting stat to add would be average flights per day per aircraft. I know it can easily be figured out by dividing weekly flights by fleet, the dividing again by 7, but I am lazy and would like to see the calculation on the stats page  :laugh:

Don
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Sanabas on October 20, 2011, 11:33:12 PM

Yeah, it is pure flight time scheduled, averaged across the entire fleet.  Turnarounds on both ends, tech stops, A checks do not contribute to the flight time scheduled.

Aircraft ordered, not arrived does not count.  Aircraft arrived, not scheduled yet does count against fleet utilization...