Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Closely grouped airports  (Read 630 times)

Offline [SC] Coastie

• Members
Closely grouped airports
« on: October 20, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »
Hi All,

I am very new to the game but I have a question. So if i fly to Newark, JFK and La Guardia and they all show about the same demand for passengers to Nassau, do they share this demand between all 3 since there locations are so close together or is it that their demand is for each indivual airport?

The reason I ask is that I am only getting about 50-60% of the seats sold and I was looking for new airports to fly to with no competion and La Guardia showed as a possible option. I just want to make sure i am not flooding the market and lossing in the end.

Thanks,
HH

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Closely grouped airports
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
do they share this demand between all 3 since there locations are so close together or is it that their demand is for each indivual airport?

Hi HH,

It is the latter, the demand is to each individual airport not that particular "area". So you are fine to fly to all 3 airports. I'd say that your load factors may be low to a low route image. You will see them improve once you have been flying the route for a few months.

Hope this helps
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline [SC] Coastie

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »
Thanks i appreciate the help.

Offline [SC] Coastie

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »
One other question that maybe someone can help me with. Most of my routes are 50-60% full and i seem to run out of money really quick. So is it better to let my airline run in to the red for a while and hope my route rates come up to make profit or start over again.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
One other question that maybe someone can help me with. Most of my routes are 50-60% full and i seem to run out of money really quick. So is it better to let my airline run in to the red for a while and hope my route rates come up to make profit or start over again.

Be patient and wait for the airline to turn round a profit... will happen in several months depending on how the airline is run. Patience is the key, don't expect to make a profit straight away. Maybe when the flights are 75-80%  full you will start to make money, but that takes time for route image and company image to increase.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Troxartas86

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 02:26:14 AM »
I fly to five different airports in Nigeria which is not a very large country. It does make a little money and gives a few of my planes a little more to do after they return from longer routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.